Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and have just purchased my first GTO. I have owned a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang, a '66 Chevelle, and an '86 Convertible Pace Car Corvette, but this is my first GTO. I have wanted one ever since I got dusted by a '68 in my Mustang, and got thrashed by a '70 in my Chevelle.

I found a '70 in Rome, GA that a friend had sitting in his backyard. The weather has been taking it's toll on it and he was trying to finish a '68 so I convinced him to let me save the '70 from the elements. I got this car for $1500.00. I think that I got a good deal seeing as it would crank on the first turn of the key. The body is another story. But I love a good project.

It looks like there are alot of people on this site that are willing to give alot of good experienced advice. I just hope I dont wear out my welcome as I have begun a body off resto on this magnificent beast.

Thanks in advance for any help.:cheers

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I hope it doesn't have as much corrosion as our '72 did... that threw us back a little, but the folks on the board helped immensely in putting it all back together! Good luck with your project!

And if it's as far gone as Thumpin's '65, I'll certainly be watchin' this thread!!

You are in the right place, welcome to the forums!
Dave

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts