Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not new to high performance. I am a 53 yr old teenager. Just sold a 9 sec race car and am takin delivery of a new '05 GTO on this Sunday.Anything I should be aware of when taking delivery? Saw some posts about rear end issues.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
johnebgoode said:
But not new to high performance. I am a 53 yr old teenager. Just sold a 9 sec race car and am takin delivery of a new '05 GTO on this Sunday.Anything I should be aware of when taking delivery? Saw some posts about rear end issues.
welcome :cheers have them check your tire presure. they ship at 60+ psi. when i check mine it was 60+ psi and i had 5000 miles on them. had an oil change to and they still did not check tire presure.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Thanks.....what pressure did you finally go with?
Three recurring delivery issues with GTO's and Pontiackkk dealers
:cool Tires left at shipping pressure, way too high.
:cool Shipping spacers left in coil springs
:cool Factory oil fill 1 - 2 quarts low

The car is great. Pontiac dealers can vary greatly.

PS: I use 34 PSI all around. Not too stiff but decent load carrying and mileage.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wing_Nut said:
Three recurring delivery issues with GTO's and Pontiackkk dealers
:cool Tires left at shipping pressure, way too high.
:cool Shipping spacers left in coil springs
:cool Factory oil fill 1 - 2 quarts low

The car is great. Pontiac dealers can vary greatly.

PS: I use 34 PSI all around. Not too stiff but decent load carrying and mileage.
Thanx for the info.............appreciate it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GTODEALER said:
Also, make sure you have all of your floor mats and floor mat retainers. :cheers
Will do.......... I just got off the phone with my salesman, I wanted to transfer my XM satellite radio account form my '04 Subn to the GTO. NO SAT RADIO in the goat. Boy does that suck...!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Check for any minor exterior damage. My dealer had to send three cars back due to this shipping damage. These babies make a LONG ride from Aussie land to Delaware where they're assembled. Lots of things can happen during transit. BTW, I'm a 55 year old teenager. Guess you never get out of that muscle car need..........enjoy your ride. :cheers

JET

·
Registered
17 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
be careful with your floormat retainers, they are cheap and break easy, other than that watch the tires, I had to change them around 7,500 miles( I thought it was worth it though)

Other than that... Have Fun!! :seeya:
I wish I would have known to check... My driver side floormat retainer is missing. Does anyone know a part number?

By the way, congrats on the new goat! Make sure you turn up your amp.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stopped by today to see it. The dealer had to pick it up from another dealership. Seems there arent too many Silver with Red leather out there. Went over it twice for a damage check.............AOK. Had them give me key to start her up. Sounds great. When I pick it up tomorrow nite it goes right into shop where I have grilles and complete appearance package incl exhaust system waiting for it already. Cant wait till Sat nite when I can take her out for a Blast............... :cool Monday it gets pinstriped. Going to go with the '06 tail lamps too.......!!
Wait a minute........I thought I sold the race car to save money :confused

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Stopped by today to see it. The dealer had to pick it up from another dealership. Seems there arent too many Silver with Red leather out there. Went over it twice for a damage check.............AOK. Had them give me key to start her up. Sounds great. When I pick it up tomorrow nite it goes right into shop where I have grilles and complete appearance package incl exhaust system waiting for it already. Cant wait till Sat nite when I can take her out for a Blast............... :cool Monday it gets pinstriped. Going to go with the '06 tail lamps too.......!!
Wait a minute........I thought I sold the race car to save money :confused
:rofl: we want pics of it and the inside bet it looks awsome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.