Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to locate the current owner of a 69 GTO I once owned. I believe the car is now part of a private collection in either the Cleveland or Cincinnati Ohio area. I owned this car for about 30 years collectively. It is a dark green car with dark green interior, 4spd, 3.90 rear, power brakes, power steering, hide away headlights, and am/fm stereo. I bought the car in 1972 from the original owner, drove it for 10 years, restored it, showed it, sold it, bought it back, restored a second time, showed it, and then sold it again.

I have a couple of original parts from the car that I would like to pass along to the current owner. Also, I would just love to talk with him about the car. The VIN is 242379B139429.

If you know this car and/or know the current owner, please have them contact me through this Forum.
Thanks.
Fred

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I ran a VIN search on the public records in these states, and got no hits:
Colorado
Florida
Idaho
Iowa
Kentucky
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
Ohio
Oregon
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I guess all that really means though is that as far as I can tell, it's not currently registered with the DMV in any of those states.

...if that helps.

Bear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran a VIN search on the public records in these states, and got no hits:
Colorado
Florida
Idaho
Iowa
Kentucky
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
Ohio
Oregon
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I guess all that really means though is that as far as I can tell, it's not currently registered with the DMV in any of those states.

...if that helps.

Bear
Thanks for your help. I guess it is possible that the current owner has not registered it.

The guy I sold the car to a few years ago only kept the car a couple of years, then sold it. I was sure he said it went to Cleveland or Cincinnati. I have tried contacting the guy I sold the car to, but he is giving me a bit of a run around and not answering his phone most of the time. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts