Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a TV series premering 10/31...It is called "The Walking Dead". You guessed it,...zombies!!!! During a commercial for the show, I was pretty sure I saw a silver GTO Judge, for a split second........ZOMBIES and GTOs...it can't get any better than that!:party:

·
Registered
48 Posts

Here's an extended trailer for the show. You're right, its a silver Judge, but at the :35 second mark you wont be celebrating:(

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Ohhhhh Hollywood...... It's a '71 and different cars... some things to notice....

The color of the stripes and badges are incorrect for the color car. At the 27 second mark notice the wheels have the trim ring when the car is flipped it doesn't have them. The stripes on the car after the wreck look to be thinner than what they originally were. I noticed briefly the chrome rocker molding missing on the right side, it was an eye blink clip. In the opening scene the deck decal is not located correctly, its in side the right hand wing support, then when its wrecked it appears to be in the right location. Not to nit pick but they wrecked ittttttttt :( :(:(

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
That's ok, I'm sure it was just a LeMans anyway..:rolleyes::eek::):D
MOST probably were. The last movie out had the Carousel Red Judge in it. I think it was called Sex Drive? I saw the car on Ebay I was interested in it and inquired about the authenticity... They had multiple "judges" they were ALL Lemans decked out to look like them.... This one I would bet money was too.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I sure hope not. These were both "real" Judges and both in at least good show condition. I have no way to know, however.
You say both were real then say you don't know however. There is a market for Judges. To use a real Judge to wreck it makes NO sense. With budgets and such makes no sense to destroy a 40-50K car when you can mock one up for under 20K. Hollywood is a deception industry. The only way to know for sure is to have a PHS on a car. If you are on a set and can see the car try and see if the VIN is visible and check the first 3 digits. I would find it HARD to BELIEVE a real Judge would be destroyed. Its just too easy and cheaper to mock a Lemans up, the way the camera pans the car in scenes you have to know the car to find inconsistencies.

If a lot of attention is paid to the car and it would not be abused then I could believe a real Judge was used.
Just because a trailer pulled up and unloaded two "Judges" doesn't mean they were.

You can throw a real cheap paint job on it and it will look show condition from a distance same way with throwing make up on Joan Rivers and from 200 yards she looks somewhat presentable (depending on how much liquor you have in your system) but up close she looks like a train wreck. Easier to make a car look more life like.

When the one car from the movie was on Ebay advertised as a Judge with documentation to show it was in the movie, I noticed inconsistencies on the appearance and inquired on it. ONLY THEN was I told it was a Lemans mocked up to a Judge, I told them I was not interested and suggested they add that to the auction it was NOT a real Judge, it was deceiving... They did then. I still thought about buying it just because it was in the movie but was further told there was some damage to it that needed some addressing, and the paint job applied for the movie.... the car would need repainted.... naaaaaaaaaaaa. Hollywood??? Smoke and mirrors.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I love how blowing the tires out makes it leap into the air and on it's roof. Why can't they crash a VW, mini van, PT Loser or a Jap car, something that you can cheer about?
I love zombies, no matter how fast you run and how slow they walk, them sumbitches are right there when you try to slam the door on them.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, never could figure that one out!...and you're right, they shoulda' blown up a Camry, Prius, or an Accord (ian):party:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Yep, never could figure that one out!...and you're right, they shoulda' blown up a Camry, Prius, or an Accord (ian):party:
Maybe it has something to do with wrecking a GTO= A bad a$$, tough guy, as compared to the other cars = Sissy, pu$$y types?

Beating on a sissy car isn't being tough:willy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts