Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Year One hood tach and got it bolted on nice and tight. The thing fogged up today and never really cleared up. Now it is still foggy and it seems like it needs to be cleaned or something, but it is brand new.

Are these things supposed to fog? What can I do?

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Ya got moisture in there and it should clear up on its own. The tacks with redline at 5500RPM come with the vent hose (At lease from PY) that will solve this problem. If you get caught in the rain the tack will fog up. Common issue with this. The vent hose is the answer. You can purchase the vent hose kit. Off the top of my head.... 20 some dollars there abouts.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
For the amount of $$$ they cost, you'd think they'd be filled with nitrogen and sealed like a rifle scope, or good pair of binoculars......no fogging, no corrosion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having the same issue, I found loosening it a bit helped. I think we should organize and complain and they were expensive and were delayed for months. What do you think? I would forgive this mistake if Year One was treating us better, but I don't think they are. If we organize a bit we can get something done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts