Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, one of my customers was getting his 05 tuned (after cam install) and he was very excited to make 430rwhp and 390rwtq, and then they pulled a new Z06 onto the rollers. He asked if it was stock and they said, no, we just put a mild cam and 1 7/8 long tubes on it, we are going to tune it and get all of the details worked out. Well, an hour and a half later the thing was spinning the rollers to a tune of 708 rwhp and 695 rwtq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My customer said the car sound relatively stock (cam wise) and the headers really gave the car a unique sound! Holy sh*t, a small cam and headers to get over 700 rwhp! That is truly amazing! :cool

G

·
whoa whoa whoa, waitta minute skippy! The new Z06 dyno's at 430-440 stock and your telling me with a cam and headers he gained 260 ???

Im gonna head over to corvetteforum and find a stock 06 Z06 dyno sheet.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big_mike said:
whoa whoa whoa, waitta minute skippy! The new Z06 dyno's at 430-440 stock and your telling me with a cam and headers he gained 260 ???

Im gonna head over to corvetteforum and find a stock 06 Z06 dyno sheet.
I know, this customer of mine is a honest guy. I'm thinking that he just didn't hear all of the mods, or, the cam/tune in the stock Z06's are conservative (@ 500hp.... :rolleyes: ).

G

·
Crap, nobody over there has their dyno sheet up yet.

Its not that I doubt this guy put down that number, I just doubt he did it with those mods. But hey, I have been wrong before.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone here has enough experience to drop the new C6 ZO6 Motor (I think it's an LS7) into my GTO!? I saw a wrecked C6 Z06 being rolled in from a local dealer when I was shopping for Mustang parts, it was wrecked during a test drive. Engine bay is in perfect condition, the back end is all thats totaled. The guy said it was hit buy a Ford Deisel truck while making a turn, so I highly doubt from the looks of it, it'll be hard job to take that engine out. The manager said he'll take $7K for the whole car.

G

·
7 or 70? lol

If you can get that ENTIRE car for 7k, sell the wife to buy it if you have to !!!

We can fit it into the goat later!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Noraku_6.0L said:
I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone here has enough experience to drop the new C6 ZO6 Motor (I think it's an LS7) into my GTO!? I saw a wrecked C6 Z06 being rolled in from a local dealer when I was shopping for Mustang parts, it was wrecked during a test drive. Engine bay is in perfect condition, the back end is all thats totaled. The guy said it was hit buy a Ford Deisel truck while making a turn, so I highly doubt from the looks of it, it'll be hard job to take that engine out. The manager said he'll take $7K for the whole car.
it would be cheaper to get a stroker rotating assembly, and a set of good heads & cam... and build yours, {the ls7 is a 427 ci, ls2 w/ some mods } and the best part is yours would appear stock....SLP would be a good place to start, they will give you an idea of cost and what kind of hp to expect, once you figure out the way you want to go ...shop your brains out on the net...but keep in mind its usally better to stick with package deals as all the componints match... especialy if this is your 1st ls2 motor :cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry not 7K $17K, I'll have to stop by when i'm in the zone with my digi cam, you guys will love it. black on black Z06, from the middle of the passenger door and back it's a total loss, but engine bay is nice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There's no way possible that it made 700rwhp with just cam and longtubes, 430-440 stock, maybe spraying 150 shot on top of cam, longtubes but otherwise not a chance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Honest customer... I have no reason to doubt my customer.

You MUST be smoking the same stuff he's smoking...........PLEASE put down the crack pipe and step away from the DYNO............... :lol:

If you really think WE believe that YOU believe this BS, you are as crazy as he is!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For Gods sakes children, I'm just telling you what I heard! I don't believe most peoples #'s unless they show me dyno sheets and/or I was actually there. I think that mid to upper 500's is not all that unbelievable, but not 700 unless, he didn't hear all of the mods. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.