Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on everyone, after 3 month of research, I have decided to get a GTO over the charger and mustang. There is dealership with a 2004 GTO auto in my area with 11000 miles on it for about $23000. Is that a decent price? I also want to know if there is any major differences between the 2004 and 2005 GTO besides the 50hp, hood and exhaust. and if you don't mind let me know what you like and dont like about the GTO. Thanks in advance for all those reply, I look forward to hearing from all of you, Tommy C

G

·
Hey tommy, we have a HUGE topic on what people like and dont like about their GTO's. I would suggest before buying your car doing as much reading on here as you possibly can and ask as many questions as you can. We are all VERY glad your getting a GTO and the price is a decent one but still take it to a mechanic to get checked out and make sure ALL of the recalls and service bulletins have been performed on it.

G

·
grats on the GTO .. wise choice... besides the hood/50HP the LS2 also has ...

2005 model year production enhancements
6.0-liter LS2 V-8; 400 horsepower, 395 lb.-ft. of torque
Enhanced braking system
Larger rotors
Redesigned calipers
Enhanced booster and master cylinder
Symmetrical split exhaust ....

thats about all ... I think... all in all its the same car...

:willy: :party:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tommy,
I dont know where you are located, but there is a new 2004 auto goat by me here in CT (westport) Red /black int., auto, price on windshield is $24,179.00. Better than spending 23K on a used one with 11,000 miles. Can maybe get price lower as well. Just a FYI. Craig

G

·
EEZ GOAT said:
u forgot the fly bye wire on the gas pedal. no cable for the 05's all done by the computer. the compter has control of the gas pedal sry dude :willy: i belive iam getting like big mike!!! i have all the answers (sike)
Anyone can have all the answers if they do as much research as I do. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
No Black, but they are all pretty rare. But that is a good thing. I've seen maybe 3 on the road in the last 6 months. I've had mine since late june and am still driving it until the snow starts falling then its into the garage. And the GTP comes back out.

G

·
can you get some pics of yours and post em up? Blue is my favorite color but when I get my GTO, its gonna be red with black interior (auto of course).

·
Registered
167 Posts
big_mike said:
can you get some pics of yours and post em up? Blue is my favorite color but when I get my GTO, its gonna be red with black interior (auto of course).
Sorry, I can't right now. Loaned, or should I now say gave my Dig Cam to my son and daughter-inlaw. Going to buy another or maybe get one from santa.

It's an awesome color, I get compliments daily and I'm so glad I waited until I found it. :party:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Tommy, where are you located? I'm in Phoenix, and I test drove a use Silver '04 with red interior, 11k miles, that they wanted $23k for on Saturday. Car ran good, but we really wanted new, so we picked up an '05 Impulse blue/blue interior 6m later that day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks everyone

thanks everyone for the quick and informative replies, I am located in the sanfrancisco bay area and I am looking for an Auto4, the one I have spotted around here is a maroon 2004 with blk interior for $23000, gonna check it out soon, will keep you guys posted, thanks again, Tommy C

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.