Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I have been "lurking" in this forum for a little bit and decided it's about time I introduced myself. My name's John, am 20 years old and purchased an '05 Phantom Black A4 about a month ago. I was on the fence about either buying a '00 Formula Firehawk or an '05 GTO and,well, I guess you can tell which way I leaned. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this car! The exhaust note, the interior, the constant looks and open jaws I recieve from other drivers and THE POWER, are all reasons I have a permanent SEG on my face. I know a good amount about the LS1/2 engines and cars, but am looking forward to increase my knowledge and getting to know the GTO community. Can't wait to talk to you guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You made the right decision! I've had several f-bodies,(still own one) and was going thru the same dilema about chosing a new vehicle, I know now that I made the right choice too! Congrats on the new GTO! :cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Congrats :cheers .......More and more new owners of GTOs comin in. I think I'm gonna go buy another one.
My local salesman did tell me if the GTO isn't killed after the 06' year, Pontiac is looking at building a more retro look with a possible Judge package for 07'. It's to be built in the states... I told him put me on the list. Told him I'm ready to order now. Maybe I can become a newbie again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Grats on the new goat, I love how the family just keeps expanding here ;)

And on the whole possible 2007 GTO... If they make it like you say they had best be very careful on this "retro" thing. I really HATE the new mustangs, so they had best not screwed up a new GTO like that also.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have always felt the new GTO having its origins as a Holden from down under with a heart being a red-blooded American V8 made it special and unique. I like the little Aussie touches. As far as being 20 and owning one - you are going to be spoiled for life! I've been driving for 35+ years and this is by far the best vehicle I've every owned!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I wouldn't really consider myself to be spoiled for life. I have been working extremely hard for everything that I have and had saved up 22K of my own money to buy this car (the rest of the payments are worth it). When you drive a 4cyl Grand Am around for 4 years, it pushes you to want to have something nicer. I consider myself to be lucky, not spoiled, but yeah, I can't get enough of this car either.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
RiceEater said:
Grats on the new goat, I love how the family just keeps expanding here ;)

And on the whole possible 2007 GTO... If they make it like you say they had best be very careful on this "retro" thing. I really HATE the new mustangs, so they had best not screwed up a new GTO like that also.
Ya can't compare GTO to Mustang at any year. Retro or not. I have no idea what "retro" entails, the salesman didn't elaborate. I have not seen any artist renditions, or concept pictures. That's even if it's produced. Time will tell. The GTO is a legend no matter what it looks like. The Mustang... it's just another car. Waiting to see what a possible retro judge will look like is like a kid waiting for Christmas. I did tell the salesman... The problem GM had getting my car to me after I ordered it at the beginning of the year, I said, I'll order the 07' now. The car I did order at the beginning of January finally did arrive at the dealership a few days ago. It only took 6 months to get here. It only took 3 months for it to get to PA from California. It had a buyer waiting on it. Maybe I can get a commission on it. I was also told, and I did read this on posts here, IF the 07' GTO is produced, it will be built in the states. I don't know where, but others on here had mentioned Wilmington Delaware. Patience...Patience...... :willy: :willy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.