Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been reading posts for a few months. Just picked up my Impulse blue/blue interior last night. Visited the dealer a few weeks ago and asked the sales guy about GMS discounts on GTOs (I work for a GM contractor that gives the same discount as GM employees...EDS, anybody heard of them?) Anyway, he said sure, no problem. I thought about it a couple weeks then decided to take the plunge when I saw on GMBuypower that they had an Imp Blue on their lot. Called up the sales guy and said I was coming down to buy it. He said he wasn't sure if they were allowing GMS discounts on GTO's now. He said he would check and call me back.

His Internet and Fleet manager calls me like 5 minutes later and says no way is anybody giving GMS discounts on GTO's. I basically said, well I'll wait a few months then when you will be calling me begging me to buy an 05 like the way the 04's are/were selling. (He was a little rude so I gave it right back to him.) He hung up and not 5 minutes later the sales guy calls me back and says come down today or tomorrow and we'll allow the GMS discount.

So I did. I picked it up last night for 30,276 +tax, lic., etc. Fleet manager and sales guy were "extra" nice to me. :lol: I also opted for a new GPS tracking device called Auto Guardian, similar to Lojack but allows the customer to track his own car via the internet and can disable the vehicle with the click of the mouse. Anybody familiar with the system?

Car is incredible to say the least. :cheers

Just want to say hi to everyone and I guess I'm in "the club" now...

BTW--Ordered a vanity plate too "05 GOAT"

·
Registered
74 Posts
MY05GTO said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been reading posts for a few months. Just picked up my Impulse blue/blue interior last night.
You have the same car I want... How the heck did EDS (yes, I've heard of them) get GMS pricing? I assume you're doing IT outsourcing for GM. My company does IT consulting for them, but I only get GM Supplier. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:agree

That's correct. EDS split off again from GM in 1996 (I think) and one of the perks is that EDS employees get basically the same perks as GM employees.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like a plan...I think I'll do the same thing if they tell me there is no discount on the '05 goat (make them run after me hehe). My father's been a GM employee for over 30 years which helped me with a discount last year, hopefully it will come thru with the GTO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tom said:
GM bought EDS from Ross Perot in the 80s. Considered one of their bigger blunders. There is a separate class of stock for EDS, but the majority is owned by GM.
Interesting. I knew that Ross Perot founded EDS, but I didn't know that GM owned it for a time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.