Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon everyone! Found myself with a few free minutes at work and thought I would use it to say Hi. We just bought our Phantom Black 04 the second week of October. About 2 weeks later...when the wife finally got out of it....I took off to Indiana to show my folks. A trip that we have been making successfully for 15 years now. Anyway, no one ever told me that the new GTO's werent only awesome, but came with a hunting license! I now own 3/4 of a Goat and a lil less of a Deer :( The shop has had it for 5 weeks now making it just perfect. The damage was only skin deep other than the glass that was in everything. The body shop actually replaced the entire interior accept for the headliner and carpet. Unfortunately, GM doesnt seem to making all the parts for the GTO yet. We have been waiting for a good door to show up (two have been damaged in shipping), and they tell us they are not sure when we'll get the windshield or door glass. They'll let us know when it ships!! So I was searching for a forum to chat and learn about our newest toys until mine returns. It seems that this is about the only board with sensible people. Some of the others forums cant seem to get away from b*tchin about the looks. I figure GM gave us a great palet with awesome performance. If your picture needs a lil more detail, easy enough. Everyone should be happy. (Got to admit that I wouldnt have minded the Woodward car though!) For now I'll have to settle for the 04 Phantom Black with 18" wheels, tinted windows and a MPD hood. Hopefully I will have pics soon and actually get to be a Real part of the board.

Hope to be chatting with everyone soon.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
314 Posts
Split1atom said:
I took off to Indiana to show my folks. A trip that we have been making successfully for 15 years now. Anyway, no one ever told me that the new GTO's werent only awesome, but came with a hunting license! I now own 3/4 of a Goat and a lil less of a Deer :(
Why do you feel the need to remind me of the deer here in Indiana? I am on constant watch on any trip later than 5:30pm and 2 miles from my house. Best of luck to you otherwise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SBoylan,

Sorry to bring the fear back to the forefront, but I'll trade you. Concern of not hitting a deer while youre driving your beautiful new car is much better than not worrying while you watch her sit on jacks. :) I feel like the lil fat kid outside the candy store!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
OMG :eek: what a waste of an animal. the deer, not the goat :D
buck or doe ?

seriously, had you been in a vette or fbody, could've been fatal

like you're overall comments and welcome.

i put on flat black stripes like ol groucho's there on the Phantom Black and that definately took care of any "bland" looks

·
Registered
590 Posts
i gotta get me an avatar up; startin' to look like a hillbilly :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts