Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I am looking at getting an 05 A4 from a dealer just 4 miles from me, its been sitting on their lot for a few months now, and they are looking to unload it. It is black with the 18" rims. I got an email last night with their "best" price and wanted to know if I should try to bargain lower or take the offer and run.

Their quote?

$34,790.00 MSRP
$29,404.73 Sale price after dealer cash (includes freight)
Plus taxes, tags & $195 processing fee.

Thoughts?

Pics below:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent had a V8 since my vette from 2003, have been driving a cavalier around to save gas and it sucks! I mostly miss my 98 camaro which ran 12.9 with a converter and exhaust. Color dont really matter to me, but that LS2 and the mods available for these cars is what excites me the most.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, going by on saturday to see if they can work with me. Would go tonight but the salesman I have been talking to online wont be back in til Saturday.

Just didnt want to get ripped off if there are others who have paid less.

What really gets me is when I was looking at the mustang GT, my insurance was going to go up $140 per month !!!! Whereas with the GTO, it will only increase $12. Talk about an incentive!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've driven both the stang and GTO.

For styling - get the stang.

For power, driving performance, build quality, and the sleeper factor, get the GTO.

The only thing I don't like about your deal is the A4. Does that price include the Gas Guzzler tax?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
big_mike said:
OK, going by on saturday to see if they can work with me. Would go tonight but the salesman I have been talking to online wont be back in til Saturday.

Just didnt want to get ripped off if there are others who have paid less.

What really gets me is when I was looking at the mustang GT, my insurance was going to go up $140 per month !!!! Whereas with the GTO, it will only increase $12. Talk about an incentive!!
:cheers yeah i dont think insurance company have any idea what a gto is (ie big caviler) :willy: mine only went up $20 and i just new it would go up at leats $100. good luck and welcome :party:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SJAndrew said:
I've driven both the stang and GTO.

For styling - get the stang.

For power, driving performance, build quality, and the sleeper factor, get the GTO.

The only thing I don't like about your deal is the A4. Does that price include the Gas Guzzler tax?
Yes it does, what it does not include is tax, tags, and $195 processing fee.

I have driven 15 cars in my day (im 32) and half were manual, half were auto, and since im a hard driver but also a cruiser, I prefer a high hp V8 auto over a manual anyday! :-D

thanks for the welcome EEZ GOAT, hopefully on monday, I will be posting pics of my new ride !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
big_mike said:
Yes it does, what it does not include is tax, tags, and $195 processing fee.

I have driven 15 cars in my day (im 32) and half were manual, half were auto, and since im a hard driver but also a cruiser, I prefer a high hp V8 auto over a manual anyday! :-D

thanks for the welcome EEZ GOAT, hopefully on monday, I will be posting pics of my new ride !!!!
:cheers cool

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
son of a gun........got a letter in the mail last night from Chevrolet (dont WANT another chevy) saying they are short on cavaliers and are willing to "buy back my car at above market value". Then they go on to say that its today only from 10am - 4pm. I am at work til 6 tonight. Granted I could leave early but.....I have had fords and chevy's all my life. The faster cars have always been pontiacs and buicks. SO, I wonder if I get a written offer from this dealer, I can use it at a pontiac dealer???

Hmmmm.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The chances of me NOT liking an auto are slim to none. Besides, a simple converter swap with a Yank 3600 will put a hurtin on just about any manual guy.

Or do these cars not respond well to converter mods? I am trying to read up on most people's mods and it seems like you cant even change the air filter without modifying the computer.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WELL, those that want the car can go get it because I did not. Its quite a long story so bear with me.

So I get to the dealer, and they have it sitting up front, temp tags already on it, waiting for me. I go inside and talk to the salesman I had been dealing with online. He proceeds to tell me about the car (nothing I didnt know already) and I politely inform him I have been on LS1GTO and the GTOForum for a few weeks and am more than knowledgable on the vehicle. He kinda smiles and says "wanna take it for a drive?" and I calmly said "sure". So he takes my license and comes back with an umbrella and says "you ready to go?" OK, first off, I NEVER drive a vehicle with a salesman. I hate how they take you around the block at 35mph and say "what did you think?" So I told him that I always test drive alone, no matter the vehicle, and that was the condition if I was to buy. He says its company policy for the salesman to always go but he would ask his manager. He comes back, puts his umbrella down and says "have fun but be VERY careful, this car has a LOT more power than your cavalier" I was insulted. I told him my last car was a 350hp vette and before that was a 380hp LS1 camaro. This car was NOT going to be that different.

I lied.

It was raining yesterday, at a pretty good clip. So I leave the dealership calmly because I havent driven a V8 in 3 years. Especially not a 400hp auto with 3.45 gears on a 235 tire.....IN THE RAIN no less. The car drove really well, brakes were kinda slushy, and it had 86 miles on it. So I adjusted the display to show the digital MPH readout, cuz I think thats cool and all, and I find myself on a hill before my house. The light turns green, I give it gas, and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. OK, that was fun, put traction control back on. :) By the time I get back to my neighborhood, I notice the road over there is half wet, half dry so I decided to let it rip on the backroads to see what kind of getup and go its got. I only planned on doing 40 but dont think I got past 30 because as soon as I floored it, down to first, spin, shift to second, spin but going sideways now, let up, slow down, make my turn into the driveway. Go inside, bring the girlfriend out, she says "its a cavalier with a V8". I just dropped my head, then said "uh huh, economy cars have an evil side now" and took it back to the dealer. Slowly.

So he proceeds to tell me it will be $920 a month for 60 months with no money down due to the negative equity in my car. But if I put down $15,000 it would only be $550. Hey buddy, if I had $15,000 I would have paid my car off!! So he proceeds to tell me how there is a "slight" chance the 2007 could get the LS7 motor from the Z06 and I should wait til then. Mostly because my car will be paid off then and I could keep my economy car and have a playtoy at the same time.

I agreed that I should wait, and woke up this morning, looking outside, feeling sad that I didnt get it but based on the history of this car, waiting may be my best bet.

-Mike
(GTO-less.......for now)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
WELL, those that want the car can go get it because I did not. Its quite a long story so bear with me.

So I get to the dealer, and they have it sitting up front, temp tags already on it, waiting for me. I go inside and talk to the salesman I had been dealing with online. He proceeds to tell me about the car (nothing I didnt know already) and I politely inform him I have been on LS1GTO and the GTOForum for a few weeks and am more than knowledgable on the vehicle. He kinda smiles and says "wanna take it for a drive?" and I calmly said "sure". So he takes my license and comes back with an umbrella and says "you ready to go?" OK, first off, I NEVER drive a vehicle with a salesman. I hate how they take you around the block at 35mph and say "what did you think?" So I told him that I always test drive alone, no matter the vehicle, and that was the condition if I was to buy. He says its company policy for the salesman to always go but he would ask his manager. He comes back, puts his umbrella down and says "have fun but be VERY careful, this car has a LOT more power than your cavalier" I was insulted. I told him my last car was a 350hp vette and before that was a 380hp LS1 camaro. This car was NOT going to be that different.

I lied.

It was raining yesterday, at a pretty good clip. So I leave the dealership calmly because I havent driven a V8 in 3 years. Especially not a 400hp auto with 3.45 gears on a 235 tire.....IN THE RAIN no less. The car drove really well, brakes were kinda slushy, and it had 86 miles on it. So I adjusted the display to show the digital MPH readout, cuz I think thats cool and all, and I find myself on a hill before my house. The light turns green, I give it gas, and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. OK, that was fun, put traction control back on. :) By the time I get back to my neighborhood, I notice the road over there is half wet, half dry so I decided to let it rip on the backroads to see what kind of getup and go its got. I only planned on doing 40 but dont think I got past 30 because as soon as I floored it, down to first, spin, shift to second, spin but going sideways now, let up, slow down, make my turn into the driveway. Go inside, bring the girlfriend out, she says "its a cavalier with a V8". I just dropped my head, then said "uh huh, economy cars have an evil side now" and took it back to the dealer. Slowly.

So he proceeds to tell me it will be $920 a month for 60 months with no money down due to the negative equity in my car. But if I put down $15,000 it would only be $550. Hey buddy, if I had $15,000 I would have paid my car off!! So he proceeds to tell me how there is a "slight" chance the 2007 could get the LS7 motor from the Z06 and I should wait til then. Mostly because my car will be paid off then and I could keep my economy car and have a playtoy at the same time.

I agreed that I should wait, and woke up this morning, looking outside, feeling sad that I didnt get it but based on the history of this car, waiting may be my best bet.

-Mike
(GTO-less.......for now)
Car salesman....... :rolleyes: can't work with 'em and you can't shoot 'em, and get away with it anyways.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts