Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im new to the Forum, but Im an active member of several other forums.... I was at the Wash Auto Show and was actually very impressed with the GTO .... which I didnt think I would be.... Im actually lusting after the C6 Vette, but the GTO is obviously a better price point :lol: Im very interested in the 05 with the appearance package.... I have a few questions though....

1. There is no Stability control on the GTO, how tough is it on a track to keep the rear end from coming loose?

2. If it has tendencies to oversteer... is there any aftermarket solutions to keeping it more "planted" ? I want to be able to corner flat ( .95G+ possible?)w/o worrying about spinning :eek: (im coming form a 2003 Lancer Evolution that was a GREAT track car, but no fun on public roads)

3. 400hp is awesome, but anyway to get it up more :D ? w/o FI? and w/o totally altering the power delivery and driveability?

4. How much is that aero package supposed to cost? and does it come in peices? like If I didnt want the spoiler?

5. How does the Blue leather look in person?

6. Let me see, no heated seats, moonroof or HID's? options or a good aftermarket option?

7. Shifter was a complaint in the recent C&D , anything that can help? metal bushings? short throw kit?

thanks alot...

-Shahul

·
Registered
55 Posts
ShahulX said:
Hey Im new to the Forum, but Im an active member of several other forums.... I was at the Wash Auto Show and was actually very impressed with the GTO .... which I didnt think I would be.... Im actually lusting after the C6 Vette, but the GTO is obviously a better price point :lol: Im very interested in the 05 with the appearance package.... I have a few questions though....

1. There is no Stability control on the GTO, how tough is it on a track to keep the rear end from coming loose?

2. If it has tendencies to oversteer... is there any aftermarket solutions to keeping it more "planted" ? I want to be able to corner flat ( .95G+ possible?)w/o worrying about spinning :eek: (im coming form a 2003 Lancer Evolution that was a GREAT track car, but no fun on public roads)

3. 400hp is awesome, but anyway to get it up more :D ? w/o FI? and w/o totally altering the power delivery and driveability?

4. How much is that aero package supposed to cost? and does it come in peices? like If I didnt want the spoiler?

5. How does the Blue leather look in person?

6. Let me see, no heated seats, moonroof or HID's? options or a good aftermarket option?

7. Shifter was a complaint in the recent C&D , anything that can help? metal bushings? short throw kit?

thanks alot...

-Shahul

I'll take a stab at some of your questions.

1. From your questions I'm guessing an autocross or similar track, so I would have to go with driver experience.

2. I would think that most likely you would oversteer since it is a rear wheel drive car.

3. Without fuel injection? I guess you could probably find a carburated intake for the engine, but here lies the bigger question. Is it a dedicated trailor/track car? If not, keep the fuel injection, and put a 150 shot on it and you should be able to get more power. There are also other ways to achieve this.

4. No idea.

5. Not seen one.

6. Aftermarket.

7. Ripshifter or the soon to be released B&M.

You're welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts