Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After another 68 didn’t work out a friend found this one for me. Engine in pieces but otherwise in pretty good shape. Interior has been redone had repaint several years ago but needs some small rust spots addressed under rear window and replaced enduro and tac hood need paint.
Been reading a ton on here and looking forward to getting this baby on the road sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Welcome. I noticed 69 front nose grill and weird badging. I hope everything works out for you on this project. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior is black but I did pickup a green center console with a group of other parts. I’ll probably keep it back as it’s been redone and looks in pretty good condition.The badging is off for sure he liked these emblems more but originals are in glove box. Buddy has a bay I can rent so I hope to move the car this weekend so I can have some space to work and get a better idea of the scope of work ahead of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Enjoy the project! People here are extremely helpful. Ask all the questions you can and keep the pictures and progress reports coming!! Me and my '68 came from the Bay Area too, Hollister/Gilroy. Have Fun!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also in the process of a 68 GTO restoration. 69 GTO parts are more readily available and much cheaper. 68 GTO parts are more expensive and not everything is offered. Good luck with your restoration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts