Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the GTO Forum.
I currently have a '65 Corvette Convertible and a Factory 5 Cobra Replica in my stable and have just started looking for a GTO as my next project so I figured I should sign up here right away.

Although I'm primarily looking for a '66 or '67, I'm open to other model years too, which is where the question comes in.

Did the 1968 GTO ever come with an option for a chrome front nose and bumper like would have been on the 1968 Lemans? I'm far from a GTO expert, but didn't think that was the case. But while searching for GTO's online I came across a 1968 GTO at a place in Michigan called Vanguards that has such a car and claims that it was a "rare" option and that the car they have is a legitimate GTO.

What do the experts on the GTO Forum say?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have heard of the endura delete option. To check on this the first mention of it in the Restoration Guide p36. It mentions that a different bumper emblem was used with the chrome bumper...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yes there was an endura delete option, to check that it's a true GTO with that option you can order original paperwork from PHS.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts