Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this group and the car. I've had 8 Mustangs, all v8s ranging from my first 1986 GT to my last which was a 1996 Mystic Chrome Cobra.
I was looking at getting a new 06 Mustang GT which I test drove last week. Then just for the heck of it I stopped by my local Pontiac dealership and checked out a Torrid Red 06 GTO w/18inch wheel option. WOW! I was amazed with the car before even driving it. Since I want a 6 spd and they didn't have one I settled with just starting the beast up in the lot and checking the car out. I think I'll go back tonight to drive the automatic anyhow just to get a feel for the car (power, handling, comfort) while I'm waiting for the 6 spd model they have coming in at the end of the month.
So anyhow...I just wanted to say HEY! and that I'll hopefully be the proud owner of an 06 GTO real soon! Any advise or encouragement is welcome.
Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll be the third to echo the above sentiments. :D The 06 Mustang was in my "consider" list, but the GTO was at the top of my list and I was able to wing it. Sure the GTO was a few thousand more, but it isn't that much more (IMO, especially as some dealers are still doing a bit of markup on the new Mustang design), and you get a larger/more powerful engine. Plus, ever GTO you run into will be loaded, which makes finding one in a configuration you like easier, as you only need to worry about colors, tranny, and wheel size.

Let us know how it goes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.