Pontiac GTO Forum banner

How many doors do you want the next GTO to have?

• 2 doors

Votes: 171 93.4%
  • 4 doors

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the possibility that the next GTO will have 4 doors, I thouht it would be good to have a poll so that if GM wants to know what it's target market thinks of a 4 door GTO, they can easily check right here.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If the new model has the same constricted access the current ones have, I would like to see suicide doors similar to the RX-8. They are not really noticible, don't change the lines of the car, and would greatly improve the usability of the back seat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
diverdan said:
If the new model has the same constricted access the current ones have, I would like to see suicide doors similar to the RX-8. They are not really noticible, don't change the lines of the car, and would greatly improve the usability of the back seat.
thats a great idea it would looks great

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ah but thats why I got rid of my last car...i feel to young to have 4 doors :cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have no problems with a 4-door GTO equivalent, but call it a Tempest, a G10, or whatever you want to call it, just don't try to pass it off as a GTO.

·
Registered
937 Posts
diverdan said:
If they would just make the seat move forward by disengaging the motorized tracks when you pull up on the release instead of the stupid motorized method that would be a major improvement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Four Door GTO ????

I'd get about as excited for one as I would the new Dodge "Charger" (an ugly-ass 4,100 lb four door wannabe derivant of it's '60s-'70s ancestor) ... or puting Frenches Mustard on my chocholate ice cream.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
If they would just make the seat move forward by disengaging the motorized tracks when you pull up on the release instead of the stupid motorized method that would be a major improvement.
That would be a big improvement but it would still leave that tight space one has to squeeze through to get to the back seat. Using the back seat area for cargo (luggage, etc) would normally offset the small trunk but you can't get stuff back there. I feel a little embarrassed sometimes asking people (especially well dressed people) to contort through that small access.
Its a shame, considering how large and well designed the back seat actually is.

·
Registered
937 Posts
diverdan said:
That would be a big improvement but it would still leave that tight space one has to squeeze through to get to the back seat. Using the back seat area for cargo (luggage, etc) would normally offset the small trunk but you can't get stuff back there. I feel a little embarrassed sometimes asking people (especially well dressed people) to contort through that small access.
Its a shame, considering how large and well designed the back seat actually is.
Agreed. My other car is a mini-van. Room for 7. No worries.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
No one has mentioned the 5 door. It's a very useful body style.

Pontiac could release it as a special edition.
  • GTO - Citation
  • GTO - 900 (They do own Saab)
Talk about nostalgia, they could cover a few decades with one car.
Cable Shifters, Turbo Fours, Front Wheel Drive, True Stealth Styling.
What a cool concept. :rofl:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes - the Goat's got a superb set of back seats. Lots of legroom, good support in all areas. It's just a bitch to get to and out of. Small price to pay for the ability to OCCASIONALLY accommodate a 3rd or 4th passenger.

Just think ... you coulda got a Mustang GT, where similarly once you fought your way in to the back seat, you'd find a less comfortable platform with NO legroom. I don't hear anyone pulling for a 4 door Mustang ....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wish mine had a suicide door, at least on one side. I blush in embarrasment every time a friend has to squeeze into the seat that's two feet back anyway.

Years ago I would have frowned at anything other than a two-door sports car but times have changed. What's so bad about having a suicide door? As long as it didn't have a huge impact on the rigidity of the car I'd love one. I'd be a little more resistant to a full four-door model.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I hope the next Goat is a 2 door, the Charger is a 4 door and look at how FUBAR that thing is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you remember the Grand Prix was only a two door ! then they made it a 4 door then they droped the 2 door . if that what sells then thats what they will make .. myself I miss not having a 2 door hope they don't make it a 4 door

·
Registered
16 Posts
no having a 4 door goat will kill the muscle car heritage it has. its not like if you see a 4 door 70 chevelle now a days its cool cause there isnt much left of them..thats a grandma car..but a new gto with 4 doors would kill it quickly cause its they remade the gto..it isnt very impressive really with the styling now and not alot of people like it and if it has 4 doors they are just loosing more people. well thats my opinion i guess

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.