Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off the Surprise!!

I bought my Tempest from a buddy. Making me the third owner. He just never had the time or funds to do what he wanted with it. He said he had some of the paperwork for it and would try and find it.

Well he finally did! Original bill of sale, registration, protecto-plate, inspection certs (VA State Police 1968 to 1988), owner plan/warranty and owner's manual!

Needless to say I'm pretty jazzed! The original owner didn't do to bad trading in his 54 Coupe DeVille, he got $627.51 for it!

And yes (crappy phone) Pics! :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And finally some progress!

Paint, body and metalwork done! Well almost done, a couple things left for the painter to touch up but will be done after assembly.

And yes it's Purple! Why? Cause I like to be asked "WTF were you thinking??" I have issues like that. :rofl:

It's finally getting there! I can stop being depressed reading everyone else's stories about their progress and getting them finished and on the road!!!

Once again crappy phone pics! Gonna get some better ones here in a week or two hopefully.

:party:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I guess we now know who hit and run Barnie....:D looks good, i like unique cars....and have a soft spot for Tempest's....even if the are purple....:cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone that takes out Barney deserves a medal!! :shutme

Definately not a color for everyone, but I'm keeping the bench and column shift! Gotta count for something........ :D

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
What is the brand/name of that purple?
I always painted my bikes purple when I was a kid, and keep toying with doing that to my Lemans.
Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I love the color, it's not purple, just blue with alot of pearl in it. The blue on the door is awesome, but the pearl flips it.. I have a gallon of Dupont "Intense blue pearl" for my 66, I think it's about that color. Pictures are deceiving, but that isn't barney color.
OK, it's purple, but a really nice paint job and the car looks straight, great job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Purple GTO.... I get comments (good ones) on my 04 all the time. Now the question is are you going to put Purple Suede and/or carpeting on the interior too? :cool

·
Registered
659 Posts
"You have a numbers matching GTO and you painted it Kandybrandywine...W.T.F." Yes I did! Your paint looks great, shouldn't be long before it's done. Wait until you get all the brightwork back on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Barney suit - check, Crushed velour interior with Amythest buttons - check, Dayton 120's - ummm what! :lol:

If you're going in you might as well go all in!!

Yeah it looks blue in the photos, but I have been told unequivocably that it IS purple! :rofl: I need to get some better photos that hopefully capture the color better.

Russ - the crew that prepped the body and shot the paint used Nason paint (BC/CC). I can't find the number where I wrote it down but I want to say it was G92 or G392. I really just can't remember. Let me know and I can track it down if you'd like me to. My builder had his 66 done at the same place and the paint looked great! So that overcame any concerns about using Nason (apparently its a bit lower end and I had never heard of it before).

That kandybrandywine looks just fine!! I'm getting depressed again..... :eek:

Can't wait to see the progress now! Starting to slap it together. Of course I'm still ordering parts. I figure that has to stop sooner or later! :rolleyes:

Everyone have a great weekend!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You wear the Barney outfit, find the "Mystery Tiger" outift that they used to promote the GeeTo Tiger in the 60's, put someone in it, in a GTO, and you two race.
Now, I'd PAY to see that!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You wear the Barney outfit, find the "Mystery Tiger" outift that they used to promote the GeeTo Tiger in the 60's, put someone in it, in a GTO, and you two race.
Now, I'd PAY to see that!!
I think a lot of people would! Waiting to see Barney hit the wall!! :rofl:

Well I think she got labeled and it might be hard to fight it. Everyone in the shop apparently keeps asking "are we working on Barney today?"........... :eek:

Well here's the "heart" of Barney!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts