Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw this out as a FYI. For you that are Nitrous gunkies, if you blow your motor up with nitrous and bring the vehicle in to the dealer to have warranty work done. I know none of you would do that becuase that would be wrong..... :D

BUt just to let you know that if Nitrous is ran through the motor an a oil sample is taken they can test for Nitrous residue in the motor.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've seen intakes and hoods blown off Camaro's for folks that sprayed more than a 75 hp bump on stock LS1's. Not a pretty picture.

The idealogy is a 50 to 75 hp bump is relatively safe, as long as you have Wide Open Throttle (WOT) sensor and properly set Window Switch.

me, with two boys, college educations to still pay for, I can't afford an expensive repair / replacement. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
How abou 150

I have seen lots of corvettes spraying a 175 with no problems and i have a friend with an auto GTO with a 150 you be the judge.

He's a pontiac dealer manager :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
now i am on it

i am on the juice and don't regret it spraying a 150 with no complaints
ohh don't worry i did an oil change and kept my old oil just in case hehehe

·
Registered
43 Posts
LS1s absolutely love nitrous, with a half decent tune, you can spray a 150 all day and not have any problems if used properly. Stay away from RL though, they do love to bend pushrods.

·
Registered
43 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Do you know how I should run this? What do you recommend brand wise? Any help would be great! :cheers
go with an RPM activated NX dry kit, with a WOT switch, and RPM cutoff so you dont spray revlimiter ( = *pop*) . then have someone tune it to be absolutely safe.

keep in mind Dry kits require more tuning the wet kits, but are more effective in most cases.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts