Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a set of tires to use at the track. Right now I am not sure which tire I should run. I know alot of you guy and gals here are running the nitto tire, but I also know that mickey thompson has been making racing tires for along time. I plan on putting them on at the track so they won't be seeing any highway driving. Right now on ebay I can get a pair of 555r for 298, but I can order a pair of the et street radials from summit for 351. Should I just bite the bullet and get the et street tires or should I save the 53 bucks and get the 555r tires. I have been told the et streets really hook up well but I have no knowledge of the 555r grip. Help please.

·
Registered
255 Posts
the mickey's really grip. i have some on my race car and swear by them. the nitto's are good tires but i never found the right combination of prep for them to gip. but there again that was on my race car with over 900 hp. i have the nitto's for my goat and they work well...

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.