Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a custom off road pipe put on my car on Tuesday and was expecting the check engine light to come on along with some codes to pop up since I removed my cats. Well, when I got it back it threw no codes and the check engine light never came on. I also tuned my car with the Diablo tuner a few days before. Anyway, the check engine light came on today with no codes. I figure this is normal b/c the cats were remove but why now and with no codes?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my check engine light is back on and it threw the same code for the cats. I cleared the codes before using the Diablo tuner. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Is there a certain way to clear the codes to keep them from showing up again?

G

·
You cannot keep them from showing up again. If you could do that, then someone could sell you a car with (for instance) a blown head gasket, and there would be no CEL.

As far as I know there are two ways to eliminate the Check Engine Light.

1) Use your handheld tuner to turn off your 02 sensors (dunno if this is possible on GTO or not).

2) Buy something called MIL eliminators which plug into the wiring where your 02 sensors were plugged in before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.