Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come there are so few GTO's with the dealer installed front and rear facia? I love the look of the inset grill and trim package between the pipes.

Or am I just a total flamer about this and don't know it yet?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Count me among those who think the car looks just right as-is. I felt the same way about my C5 Corvette, too, and the Z-28 Camaro I had before that.

There's a huge aftermarket that'll sell you all sorts of bolt-ons, baubles and bric-a-brac to tack on to all three vehicles. I don't deny anyone the right to personalize his vehicle; sometimes it actually turns out okay. But I think the Goat's smooth nose and nicely integrated bumpers, side skirts and wing are just fine, thank you very much. Window tint will remain my only "mod."

·
Registered
231 Posts
Absolutely, I have started a thread on this before. This thing looks sweet from stock to my surprise because every vehicle I have ever owned needed at least rims, tail pipes, grilles, you know where I am going, but this car has smooth lines and I think needs nothing other than what he said a good tint job which is on the horizon. I think a lot has to do with there are so few on the road so we dont feel ordinary. :cool

·
Registered
187 Posts
personally, the rear of the SAP is one of the ugliest things i've seen on a "production" car. That said, I like the front, will probably do it one day, but have other things to do first.

·
Registered
202 Posts
HotRodGuy said:
GMM ripshift and some suspension work :)
Define some suspension work? Where would you start?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.