Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled up today as usually at Phillips 66. Their Premium has a sticker "contains no ethanol." I don't see this at BP or Shell or any other of the national Gas Station chains. Is this nation wide? Check out a 66 station in your area if you don't already know about this. The station I was at today also had the no ethanol sticker on the regular fuel. Only the "PLUS" said contained ethanol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have quite a few stations that have non-oxy premium fuel in our area, just west of Mpls. Some of them are seasonal. There are quite a few more in the summer, especially in the lake areas because most the boats like that fuel too. The sticker on the pump says for collector cars, boats, motorcycles and most off road vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Shell Stations around here had signs up early this past summer informing everyone they will no longer be an Ethanol Free filling stations. Yet their prices have remained higher than the others. There are no longer any Phillips 66 stations near me or I'd be taking your advice and using it.

There are CITGOs here higher priced than Shell that I think are ethanol free but I refuse to patronize Hugo Chavez and will never do it.

Keep your eyes open for 15% Ethanol that is coming to a filling station near you soon. I know my STELLAR MPG :rofl::rofl:with 10% Ethanol isn't good but as long as the car fires and runs ok I got to deal with it cause I'm gonna drive it.

My carb was rebuilt with ethanol friendly rubber. Fuel additives are out there to neutralize ethanol I will eventually be using.

Federal Mandates will eventually get them all. :shutme

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you about Chavez. I had a Citgo card for many years till I found out he was behind the company. Cut the card up and haven't been in a station since. Same with BP, I used lots of their gas till they dumped all the oil in the gulf last year. Made me sick, I haven't been back to one of their stations either. I know it's not the station owners fault, but it's my choice, just the sight of their logo makes me mad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts