Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It doesn't look like I'll be getting a GTO now. I got them down where I wanted them, $30,649 after incentives. However, after the deal was made they tried to screw me on my GTP that I currently own. They originally offered me 9k for it, knowing I was going to put the factory wheels and tires back on, as well as the factory manifolds and exhaust. I was leaving the cam, P&P SC, smaller pulley, custom tuned PCM, and CAI on it, so they were still getting a much more powerful GTP than normal. The car has a brand new two toned leather interior (out of a 40th anniversary edition that had 6 miles on the odometer) and both the interior and exterior are in immaculate condition. Well, 9k was at the high end trade-in value for a GTP with my miles, so with its condition, I accepted that. Well, after the deal is done they expected to take my car "as-is". I told them they were out of their damn minds!! That if they wanted it "as-is", I wouldn't accept a penny less than 10.5k (and that was being VERY generous).
To make a long story short, they made a deal, then renigged on that deal, pissed me off, and so I left. Now I'm thinking about just refinancing the GTP and keeping it. It is a beautiful car anyway, and I already had second thoughts about getting rid of it more than once. I was hoping to be joining you guys as a proud new GTO owner, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Sorry about the rant, I am just still fuming about this...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dealer's will do this on a trade,try to sell the car on your own and go from there.With the mod's I had on my 350Z they did'nt want to give me no more than a stock car would bring and that is the way they look at it,a stock car.They will not give you money on trade for any upgrade's,remove the upgarade's sell them if you still have the stock part's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The owner's son, Hayden Wiggins, tried to tell me that if I pulled the headers, exhaust, and wheels/tires off that they were going to dock the price of those from my car's value. So, using his analogy, I did research and came up with the following documents. I went up there a few minutes ago, placed a copy of these on the salesman's desk, and a copy on Hayden's desk. On my way out they were calling my name and I said "I'm not here to talk, look over those. Good day" and left.

http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/carvalue.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/kbb.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/wbodystore.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/zzperformance.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/pfyc.pdf

Either they will call and accept my 10.5k offer, or they won't. Either way, I am getting to the point that I just don't care anymore.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dealers dont give a **** about mods, part it out put it back to stock sell the mods and use that money as a downpayment + trade in. You'll be MUCH happier..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTPprix said:
Dealers dont give a **** about mods, part it out put it back to stock sell the mods and use that money as a downpayment + trade in. You'll be MUCH happier..
Are you the same Chris White from ClubGP? If so, how are ya?

I understand that point, which brings it all back to the original argument. 9k was supposed to be MY CAR.. Not WITH the mods I chose to remove. Because, like you said, "they don't give a **** about mods". Well, apparently they do. And I wil be honest, from the way Hayden was eyeing my car the day I took it up there, I think he wants it for himself (I could be wayyyyy wrong here, but he sure was drooling).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey..I think I was talking to you at the dealership the other night. I have the red gto, you came up to me when I pulled up.

When I traded in my 2002 Altima....they gave me a good bit over KBB and I was shocked. Everywhere else I went..I got a ****ty trade in cause my car was modded. I told them i have all the factory parts and can make it stock again..but they said no...they don't care. I even told them I was going to take my 18s, taillights, and a few odds and ends out...and they again said...it doesn't matter..it won't effect my trade in price.

So after everything was said and done....I came up there 3 days after I took the GTO home and swapped wheels...tail lights...and took my Zex Bottle. I didnt' feel like unhooking all my nitrous wiring and stuff.

Don't know why they are giving you a hard time....unless afterwords they realized they f'ed themselves with the trade in value they gave me for my car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, that's me... and that was the deal I made... That I would receive 9k for my car, knowing the headers, exhaust, and wheels were going back to stock. Now they are jerking me around and are refusing to give me the 9k without those parts, or my 10.5k offer with them. If I wasn't abundantly clear that I was removing those parts, I would understand their frustration, but I was VERY clear. I must have mentioned "needing a few days to get them off" over 50 times in the 2 weeks we have been dealing on this damn car (I wasn't taking anything off my car until I knew we "had a deal" because I would have to turn around and put them back on if I was keeping my car).

·
Registered
82 Posts
my 02 altima 2.5s had 78k miles onit...KBB was 7400 I believe. I took a lower value because the front then of my car was riddled with rock damage from driving back and forth to macon...espeically when they were doing all the repair work on hwy247. They gave me 9300 for the altima...even after I said I would take the wheels and other stuff....they said the price wouldn't change.

It was still lowerd 2 inches, still got 15% tint, header, and loud azz exhaust. It is still sitting at georgia motors....which I think is Haydens lot.

But I'm still sorry to hear they are screwin ya around.

Just let them wait....they'll call back and give you want you want.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
putergod said:
The owner's son, Hayden Wiggins, tried to tell me that if I pulled the headers, exhaust, and wheels/tires off that they were going to dock the price of those from my car's value. So, using his analogy, I did research and came up with the following documents. I went up there a few minutes ago, placed a copy of these on the salesman's desk, and a copy on Hayden's desk. On my way out they were calling my name and I said "I'm not here to talk, look over those. Good day" and left.

http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/carvalue.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/kbb.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/wbodystore.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/zzperformance.pdf
http://www.putergod.com/gtodeal/pfyc.pdf

Either they will call and accept my 10.5k offer, or they won't. Either way, I am getting to the point that I just don't care anymore.
I think that's a good tactic; it may be tough but just stay away from them for a few days- --

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
noz34me said:
I think that's a good tactic; it may be tough but just stay away from them for a few days- --
Thanks... I plan to stay away... I forgot to take my cell phone to work with me today, so when I dropped those documents off they said "We have been trying to call you all day" and my response, as I was still walking, was "I haven't gotten a call" and I kept heading towards the door. Well, when I got home, I picked up my cell phone and looked at it, and I did have a missed call from them this morning, but no message, and no calls from them afterwards. So, I guess I will go about my normal life and if they happen to pull their heads out of their asses, then we can make a deal; otherwise, I'll keep driving my GTP and continue to make it even more of a mustang killer...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hopefully they will call you with a better offer soon. You might want to call them though. After reading the document you left on their desks, they might have interpreted it to mean that you no longer wanted to do business with them, even on this car: "I was already screwed by your dealership once; I wont be again. At the current rate, I will never be shopping here again, nor will I ever recommend the con artists that run this place to anyone." I would think walking out without talking to them would only reinforce that thought. Can't hurt to give them another chance, I'd at least do that before I went to the trouble of refinancing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Joey_T said:
Hopefully they will call you with a better offer soon. You might want to call them though. After reading the document you left on their desks, they might have interpreted it to mean that you no longer wanted to do business with them, even on this car: "I was already screwed by your dealership once; I wont be again. At the current rate, I will never be shopping here again, nor will I ever recommend the con artists that run this place to anyone." I would think walking out without talking to them would only reinforce that thought. Can't hurt to give them another chance, I'd at least do that before I went to the trouble of refinancing.
I guess you're right... I was kinda harsh, but it's true. They did screw me over when I bought the GTP from them. I think I may drop by to "return the salesman's business cards" as he gave me some to try and send him business (this was, of course, when I 'was working a good deal'). That way when they say something to me I can say "I figured that if you were willing to deal, you would have called by now" and go from there (either listen to the offer or walk out of they aren't). What do you think?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds good. If you have a second dealership, maybe you should take a look there.

I had trouble at my local dodge dealership. I was wanting to testdrive different cars, a charger, magnum, gto, ect....
Well, at the dodge place. I find a salesman, talk about the srt-8 charger. He stops me and says "This is one of our high end cars, you need a credit check before we allow you to test drive" (I'm 25, and a union electrican, still in work clothes). I smile and say "OK, but I just want to feel the car out before commiting". As we are filling out paperwork, he proceeds to talk me OUT of buying the car. "the car is too nice, its payments are expensive for someone my age, ect..." I re assure him that I can afford it and I want to drive an srt-8 charger.... He agrees.
We go out to the lot, he asks which one I want to drive. I say the closest one to the exit. He starts asking me about color, I tel him I don't care. He asks me about navigation, I tell him I'm interested in the drivetrain ONLY.
To make a long story less long....I never drove the charger, the guy pissed me off sooo bad, I went in told them I would not do business with a company that profiled their customers...... I returned to the dodge dealership after I bought my wonderful GTO, to help the salesmanager understand, I wasn't joking, LOL It felt good.
BTW the pontiac dealership, I walked up, asked to drive a gto, he trew me the keys. No checks, didn't even ask for a license......

wow, that turned out longer than I expected, sorry. Guess my point is that, you can experience very different outcomes when dealing with different people. Talk to a new salesman or manager, you may get the deal you want/deserve.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I'm going to at least talk to a dealership in ATL that is a sponsor for GA ClubGP and see what they offer. I know I won't waste the time I wasted at Eddie Wiggins though. I know they don't have the one I want, and Eddie Wiggins does. However, I'll probably let them make their offer.. counter with what I want, if it's not acceptable.. If they accept, then I'll do what I need to do to get it... if they don't then I won't waste my time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
nineball481 said:
Sounds good. If you have a second dealership, maybe you should take a look there.

I had trouble at my local dodge dealership. I was wanting to testdrive different cars, a charger, magnum, gto, ect....
Well, at the dodge place. I find a salesman, talk about the srt-8 charger. He stops me and says "This is one of our high end cars, you need a credit check before we allow you to test drive" (I'm 25, and a union electrican, still in work clothes). I smile and say "OK, but I just want to feel the car out before commiting". As we are filling out paperwork, he proceeds to talk me OUT of buying the car. "the car is too nice, its payments are expensive for someone my age, ect..." I re assure him that I can afford it and I want to drive an srt-8 charger.... He agrees.
We go out to the lot, he asks which one I want to drive. I say the closest one to the exit. He starts asking me about color, I tel him I don't care. He asks me about navigation, I tell him I'm interested in the drivetrain ONLY.
To make a long story less long....I never drove the charger, the guy pissed me off sooo bad, I went in told them I would not do business with a company that profiled their customers...... I returned to the dodge dealership after I bought my wonderful GTO, to help the salesmanager understand, I wasn't joking, LOL It felt good.
BTW the pontiac dealership, I walked up, asked to drive a gto, he trew me the keys. No checks, didn't even ask for a license......

wow, that turned out longer than I expected, sorry. Guess my point is that, you can experience very different outcomes when dealing with different people. Talk to a new salesman or manager, you may get the deal you want/deserve.

Sounds like my experience at a pontiac dealership... I walk in there to take a look at the GTO and when I sit down to discuss price with the sales manager. First he tries to convince me that leasing the car is not a good idea, and then won't even give me an estimate of how much it would cost (he was only willing to finance it). Then after I decide to hell with a lease I'll finance it, he tries to convince me how impractical sports cars are and says I should buy a buick or a cadillac. If I would have spent 10 minutes more in there he would have probably went on a rant about how unsafe sports cars are.... If safety was my number one priority I'd be over at the volvo dealership. If getting from point A to point B was all I cared about I wouldn't even be considering a new car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.