Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not happy with dealer

I went to test-drive/ have a look at a GTO today. I went to Pontiac of Elgin IL. The manager and sales person were pricks. I never felt so vialated in my life.

When I say I don't feel comfortable giving my email/phone # then drop it and leave me alone. I don't even want a GTO because of them. I might make a stop at another dealer in Schaumburg later today.

Why do dealer's hire people like this?

Did anyone else have a similar experiance car shoppping?

·
Registered
21 Posts
E-brake said:
I went to test-drive/ have a look at a GTO today. I went to Pontiac of Elgin IL. The manager and sales person were pricks. I never felt so vialated in my life.

When I say I don't feel comfortable giving my email/phone # then drop it and leave me alone. I don't even want a GTO because of them. I might make a stop at another dealer in Schaumburg later today.

Why do dealer's hire people like this?

Did anyone else have a similar experiance car shoppping?
All the pontiac dealers in WI are the same way. They pressure you massively and don't wanna quit till they get your phone number. I just tell them I don't have a phone, it usually works so long as someone doesn't call you while your talking to them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got one for ya... try an Ohio dealership!

I had a dealer call me like 8 days after I bought my GTO to tell me he couldn't give me the interest rate we agreed upon from GMAC.

I had to drive back home from an out of down job to "sign papers" again at a higher interest rate/longer term...

I bet they do this to everyone right? give you the car and let you drive it for a week and fall in love with it... then out of nowhere call you up and and change the numbers so they can get a better kick-back from the GMAC.

And all this was AFTER they tried to write in an extended warrenty (over a grand) and 6 "pre-paid" oil changes ($500!!!) in to the original bill of sale without ever talking to me about it.

Needless to say I gave them the keys back. They didn't like that. So after two and a half hours of nastiness I purchased the car again... this time with much better numbers. :lol: I'm sure they still made money off me.. but they are a business and I have no problem with them making money to pay the bills etc. But seriously car dealerships suck. They are all crooks. They preasure like crazy. But don't blame the car. Decide early if you want to pay sticker or fight for a good price. And if you want a test drive... just walk in with a checkbook in your hand! (even if it is empty! HAHAHAHA)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just two throw in my two cents, The dealership I went through was amazing! They did everything perfect and to my liking. I know this sounds strange and no I don't work there, but they did everything they could to get me in my GTO. Even with less then par credit, and they did with a great payment. O the name of the dealership is White Bear Lake Super Store outside of the St. Paul.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My dealer was absolutely PERFECT! It is Emerson Pontiac GMC in Auburn Maine. This was the best dealer I have ever dealt with in my 35 years in the auto industry. And I don't work there either. :seeya:

·
Registered
22 Posts
you need to talk to the owner dont mess with the sales mgr I work at a gm dealer
and yes i order my gto from a nother dealer to make a point now the sales mgr
is unemployed.. dont forget your the customer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
It seems like whenever I buy a car is when a saleman doesn't pressure me. If he says to me, If you want it great, if not great, I usually am more likely to buy than if he says' "You need this car." What is it going to take to get you to buy today??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bill Kay in Downers Grove

I walked into this dealership and told them what I wanted. They told me what they wanted. We met a little below the middle and I walked out with a brand new 2004 impulse blue GTO about three hours later. I ended up paying a little more than 27...and this was in December. I could have gotten a better deal, could have gotten worse...but the people at this dealership were great. I go back for FREE oil changes and tire rotations...six months after purchase they still thank me for buying a car there. I highly recommend this place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts