Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several responses for solutions to the problem of having no keys for the locks on older model vehicles. I have the same problem. All the keys for my’67 Tempest have gotten lost over the twenty years it has been parked. It will likely be a parts car for my ‘67 GTO coupe, so I want to start it , etc. without having to hotwire it and crawl through the rear seat in order to open the trunk. I have the build sheet for the Tempest, so I’m wondering if I can get keys made by providing the factory lock # to a locksmith or parts supplier? Or is it easier/ cheaper to just take the locks to an automotive locksmith? ( P.S. I thought I posted a similar inquiry yesterday, but I can not find it. I am a new member so I’m not too good at navigating around the site yet.)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I have read several responses for solutions to the problem of having no keys for the locks on older model vehicles. I have the same problem. All the keys for my’67 Tempest have gotten lost over the twenty years it has been parked. It will likely be a parts car for my ‘67 GTO coupe, so I want to start it , etc. without having to hotwire it and crawl through the rear seat in order to open the trunk. I have the build sheet for the Tempest, so I’m wondering if I can get keys made by providing the factory lock # to a locksmith or parts supplier? Or is it easier/ cheaper to just take the locks to an automotive locksmith? ( P.S. I thought I posted a similar inquiry yesterday, but I can not find it. I am a new member so I’m not too good at navigating around the site yet.)

Yep, you did post earlier in the Members Intro and got an answer as well.

Locksmith is my choice. Keeps everything original and you don't have to pull things apart or get the wrong part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts