Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a 1970 GTO Convertible that has been restored and painted in a non-original color. When built the car was Palomino Copper with a Saddle interior & black top. Now it is Regimental Red (a sort of burnt, autumn red) with white interior & top. The wheels have been painted the same red color as well. My major concern is to what extent have these changes from original altered the value of the car. Has the use of this non period color significantly hurt the car's value? Thank you for your comments.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
If you want a GTO to have maximum potential value, it needs to be the original color. Changing the color of the car will lower the value significantly to the purist collector. Figure the amount of $$$ required to reverse the paint job back to original quality and color....around my neck of the woods, that's 15-20k and up. If you like the car the way it is, buy it. If you are looking for a correct car for maximum collector value, move on.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Is the drivetrain all original? Does it have the same drivetrain as it did when it left the factory? If not, the color wont have any affect on the value. If it is or does, go with a factory color to maintain it's optimum value as mentioned by gtoguy..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts