Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the rules for using someone else's GM card discounts? I have a friend with a GM card that isn't buying a car in the near future. Can I use their discount with their permission and what would be a fair amount to compensate them? Example: Friend let's me use $3000 towards a new GTO, what would you (Friend) expect as compensation in return (besides getting to do a few smokey burn-outs in it!)? :confused

·
Registered
674 Posts
your friend would have to add you as a user of his credit card.

I think you should at least split it with your friend. If he doesnt give it to you, you both have nothing, if he does, you each have half.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, looks like I probably won't be using my friend for a GM card discount. His wife wasn't too keen on the idea of letting someone else use their discount. I figured giving him $1500 would make it worthwhile to use $3000 (we both come out ahead) but I don't want to start any friction with his wife so I'll let it drop. Maybe when the Christmas bills start rolling in and IF I wait until then they might change their tune. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
674 Posts
If your friend is part of the latest promotion the $3000 bonus expires on 1/3. so if she doesnt let you use it, it goes to waste.

If I was your friend, I would add your name to my card as a user. I would then either call the dealer or accompany you to the dealer to give the card info. then after the earnings are applied to your car, you can pay him.

By him going to the dealer, you do not get his card info.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know someone who did this. It is supposed to be a relative living under the same roof. You need a letter from them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
cuspid said:
I know someone who did this. It is supposed to be a relative living under the same roof. You need a letter from them.
I called the gm card questioning how i didnt get the 3000 towards my goat. i asked if my buddy could use my points, and the girl said sure!

i think you need the letter if you dont add him as a user.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You don't even need a letter...I just did it and had spent many hours (yes hours) on the phone with gmcard to find out how to do it...hours becuase they kept feeding me BS because they didn't want me to use it. If they tell you it'll take 14 business days, call back and talk to someone else. He can also add you online.

He adds you and says to not send you a card. Either he goes with you, or you go with his account number and security info (usually social, mother's maiden name and birthdate). You use it...then he removes you as a user...no problem.

I had a good enough friend to just give me his points...I bought him and his girlfriend dinner but didn't pay him for it...like I said, he's a good friend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. My friend doesn't live here in Dallas, he's back on the east coast so going with me to the dealer is not an option. I figure I will ask some co-workers if they want to go for a 50-50 deal (seems fair to me). If this ends up being a big hassle (almost there already :( ) I figure I'll just get my own GM card and transfer the balance from another card. That plus pay my bills with the card for six months (and immediately pay those off) and with a round-up maybe I can get a good deal on an '05 next fall. Would really rather get an '04 with the deals they are doing now. May just go ahead anyway. Vista Ridge in Dallas has 23 goats on their lot (just drove by there tonight), you would think I could get a deal there. :cool

·
Registered
6 Posts
Snafu said:
You don't even need a letter...I just did it and had spent many hours (yes hours) on the phone with gmcard to find out how to do it...hours becuase they kept feeding me BS because they didn't want me to use it. If they tell you it'll take 14 business days, call back and talk to someone else. He can also add you online.

He adds you and says to not send you a card. Either he goes with you, or you go with his account number and security info (usually social, mother's maiden name and birthdate). You use it...then he removes you as a user...no problem.

I had a good enough friend to just give me his points...I bought him and his girlfriend dinner but didn't pay him for it...like I said, he's a good friend.
I had my mother add me to her account temporarily. She did it over the phone and it was effective immediately. Her account doesnt have the top off or round up, but another where they gave her back what she used on her 04 regal and then will add the $3000 for the GTO. NOt as good as the 5,000 some are getting but GREAT as far as I am concerend. It makes the deal possible now for me now, or so I think. Ill see tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ex-stang said:
Thanks for the info guys. My friend doesn't live here in Dallas, he's back on the east coast so going with me to the dealer is not an option. I figure I will ask some co-workers if they want to go for a 50-50 deal (seems fair to me). If this ends up being a big hassle (almost there already :( ) I figure I'll just get my own GM card and transfer the balance from another card. That plus pay my bills with the card for six months (and immediately pay those off) and with a round-up maybe I can get a good deal on an '05 next fall. Would really rather get an '04 with the deals they are doing now. May just go ahead anyway. Vista Ridge in Dallas has 23 goats on their lot (just drove by there tonight), you would think I could get a deal there. :cool
I see your in the Dallas area too, good luck over at Vista Ridge ive heard good and bad things about that place.. keep us informed.

I wrote another dealer with the Cosmo Purple i got interested in, this dealership is on the other side of Dallas. But they wrote me back trying to hit me over invoice PLUS with what he called great financing of 8.5 interest rate and this was from GMAC? (he says) ..COMON CAN HE GET BUY WITH QUOTING THIS????

I wrote him back and told him what i thought of his way of selling cars and told him about current interest rates good until Jan.3,05.. i also mentioned that people writing him on the internet are pretty informed on prices and current interest rates. Just cant believe there are guys still out there like this trying to hit people for much higher interest rates and shooting over invoice. I've been offered under invoice by any other email sent to me from dealerships.

I know where im NOT buying from.. LOL..

keep in touch with your deal from Vista Ridge.

see ya. Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tony:
I've talked to Vista Ridge once a few weeks ago just before the rebate went from 3500 to 5500. They were going to sell at 25,700 so with the extra 2000 rebate they should be at no more than 23,700. I didn't have my trade-in with me at the time so I couldn't get 'talked' into a 'great' deal but they 'ballparked' my trade value without the car there and it was really low. I'll let you know what I find. Just an FYI, I stopped at David McDavid a couple weeks ago just to look at an Impulse Blue (they had an A4 then) and they said they could get me in one for 27,*** with the 5500 rebate. I told them about the 25,700 deal with only the 3500 rebate and they said no way they could touch that :rolleyes: . I've also noticed they haven't sold many GTOs the last couple weeks and Vista Ridge and Buz Post have (Vista Ridge has sold or traded 11 in the last two weeks). I think this is the week to grab a deal before the only choices left are black and silver.
Scott :cool

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds good Scott i will be right out there tomorrow looking at the Cosmo color and deciding between that, silver with red interior, or yellow jacket.

Hard descision.. what color you going with, also what tranny? im leaning hard to the A4, i liked the way both drove and alot of guys are scaring me on these GTO sites with problems with the M6 tranny.

You mention Buzz Post? thats who shot me the high interest rate and higher price. wonder why they are trying to do that.. they have several cars to sell too.. but not as much as Vista Ridge.

But your 23,700 price sounds good.. is that plus TTL?

thanks Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tony,
I'm leaning towards yellow, with pulse red as a second choice and barbados as a third. I need an A4, my wife is longer able to drive a stick due to a recent change in her health plus I've been driving a 5 speed Mustang GT for the last two years and I loved it until I moved to Dallas. Man the traffic is TERRIBLE here!!! :shutme . Good luck with the Cosmos, I like that color but figure it won't get me as many tickets as yellow. :D There was a dealer in Waxahachie with a Cosmos last week (according to the Pontiac site) but I haven't checked back in a while, did you call them? Also, maybe call Ewing in Plano, they only have a torrid red and a silver left (the silver has a bunch of dealer add-ons and stickers at 38,xxx). They were willing to do a dealer trade for other colors but wouldn't discount them as steeply as the ones on their lot.
Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts