Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these headers made by Kustom Headers in Standish, MI, on my local craigslist. These are brand new. https://greensboro.craigslist.org/pts/d/pontiac-headers/6768680799.html

I did a little research and Kustom Headers supplied GM with headers for the Z-28 - they were put in the trunk. Here is a little info from their catalog found on this website. Just scroll down a bit to Reply #5 to find the info: Headers

Might be cool for anyone wanting to add "period correct" headers to your GTO. Saw a set of somewhat rusty pair on a Ford site for $250.00.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I added a couple pics as I know the ad will eventually disappear. What I find interesting about the headers are the #5 & #6 header tubes that go up and around versus most headers where all the tubes go down along the engine/chassis. Has the look more like a Gasser configuration.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
A friend of mine bought a new 1970 GTO in 1970. He wanted to race it in stock (G/SA ?) where headers were about the only thing allowed.Anyway he got a set of Hookers which looked very much like these Kustom headers. There was a tube that disconnected to go around the steering shaft and then was to be welded. Since it was an in/out connection, I think Jim used a muffler clamp to tie the tube to the rest of the pipe. If memory serves correct, they were kind of a pain to install. But looked alot like these Kustom headers.

Thanks, Jim, for this thread, it brought back some memories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts