Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 04 and recently it is not idling correctly jumping from normal to less than 250RPM and then back up and i need to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running when im stopped, whats up?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Could be a number of things, exhaust leak, bad 02, plug, wire, vac leak, dirty maf, ect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last summer I put in ceramic coated LT headers and an SLP loudmouth exhaust with no cat....could that burn up O2 sensors?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Last summer I put in ceramic coated LT headers and an SLP loudmouth exhaust with no cat....could that burn up O2 sensors?
Front O2 helps the engine run, the rears(after the cat) only test your cats. Chances are since you have no cat, your rear O2 is turned off so even if they somehow were damaged, it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
? My buddy has a scanner and it said multiple mis fires and gave a P0300 code with no indication of which cylinder it was running like crap all the way there and when i left i was half way back home and it started running fine..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've only had my GTO about a month so I don't know if this helps. Maybe throttle position sensor? My SRT-4 did something similar and the wiring to the tps was bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced all wires when I did my headers last summer, just changed all plugs still doin the same thing, ended up Takin it back to the dealership they're lookin at it again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts