Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i take the plunge and pick up my 2006 gto 6 speed blue with 18" wheels, blue interior.
i have been lurking this forum for months and i got a good deal for my new gto from franks gmc in new jersey. i bought the car based on reviews. i didn't even bother test driving it (it was raining and icy out when i went to look at the car). i can hardly wait to pick it up. i have been trying to figure out a personalized plate number to put on the car for a week.
my last new performance car was a 2003 c5 corvette anniversary a4.
i liked the car alot but to me the a4 was a drag. i recently sold the vette in november because i was not going to use the car in the winter months and forsaw the purchase of a c6 convertible in the spring. instead i decided to purchase the GTO and find out what it has to offer. to me this car is not only a performer but also intruiging for the fact that it is not well known to the public. i told a few folks about my new purchase and they all did a "what is a gto?". anyway ill post an update soon on what i think of the new GOAT!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
unfortunately not many out there know what a gto is. it happens to me all the time even at parts stores, there like "is that a ford", or "so what year of grand prix is that". i tell them NO i said PONTIAC GTO!!!! sometimes i hate idiots.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
BlueBomber said:
unfortunately not many out there know what a gto is. it happens to me all the time even at parts stores, there like "is that a ford", or "so what year of grand prix is that". i tell them NO i said PONTIAC GTO!!!! sometimes i hate idiots.

really?!?!?!

I love that. The sleeper factor is the most amazing thing about this car in my opinion. Especially on a street race.

When I first got my car I lined up with a 02 or 03 BMW M5. He had this yeah right look on his face and had his sunglasses resting on his forehead. We took off and I saw his glasses drop as he was trying to keep up. We pulled up at the next light and he screamed "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT"

My reply as the light turned green. "You should know. You saw the bumper"

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most people under age 40 have no idea what the GTO was. These kids are thinking Z350, RX8 and other rice burners are the big thing. Now that GTO is back and better than ever, they will get the message oh so painfully.:D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
BlueBomber said:
I usually get the opposite response. Numerous times I've come out of a gas station to find 2 or 3 people looking at my car, then approach me for a question and answer session.
I am proud to own Pontiac's top of the line performance car, GM's 2nd only behind the Vette(not far behind).
My 04 is a fun pleasure to drive.
Congradulations on your purchase!! Get ready for oohhs and aawwwws! Especially with the blue\blue color scheme!:party:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.