Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm new to the forum but i wanted some of your opinions. i want a new goat but unsure if i should wait for 05 or go and get one hell of a deal on the 04 thanks for all you input

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 04s seem to be moving now with the big rebate, not sure whats available in your area. If you are looking for something special in an 04, you should be looking shortly. If you want the extra HP, different hood, a few other things, it will cost probably around $6,000 to $8,000 or so more.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
GNX231 said:
hey guys i'm new to the forum but i wanted some of your opinions. i want a new goat but unsure if i should wait for 05 or go and get one hell of a deal on the 04 thanks for all you input
Check with the dealers, the 05's will run a short production which will end in May with only 12,000 cars in production. If you can find a 2005 model and are willing to pay $6,000 to $8,000 more I would say wait. If you want the best deal available with up to $5,500 cash back incentives buy the 2004.

I paid a deposit on a 2005 back in October and hope to have it within 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Depends on how much you really want to spend right away. At the current price of the '04's, it would think it would be extremely hard to pass one up. Unless you absolutely have to have the LS2 motor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having the same internal struggle between holding out for the '05 or taking advantage of the massive '04 rebate. Since there are no more Black '04 six speeds available in my area, I've decided to wait. The dealer e-mailed yesterday stating that the '05s would start arriving next week. She said that she'd send me a list of the incoming cars. My wife doesn't understand my desire to own the Goat. Then again, she didn't understand the desire to own the '92 350 Z28, the '98 LS-1 T/A, or the '00 Mustang GT either. :D BTW, I'm new here, first post.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thrashed said:
I'm having the same internal struggle between holding out for the '05 or taking advantage of the massive '04 rebate. Since there are no more Black '04 six speeds available in my area, I've decided to wait. The dealer e-mailed yesterday stating that the '05s would start arriving next week. She said that she'd send me a list of the incoming cars. My wife doesn't understand my desire to own the Goat. Then again, she didn't understand the desire to own the '92 350 Z28, the '98 LS-1 T/A, or the '00 Mustang GT either. :D BTW, I'm new here, first post.

AS someone else has already said.. HOW come you guys/gals dont put your state over below your name? would help us help you.

I am shopping too and trying to hang in there to see the 05 model.. hard to pass up with under 24 grand being offered to me here in texas for an 04 model.

Hey we have plenty of colors left in Texas..

SO where are you? thanks Tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
boy this thread is appropriate - I too am struggling with the '04 vs '05 question. Is 50hp, and an extra 0.5 sec 0-60 and 1/4 mile worth $8K??

I'd like the extra HP etc. but probably won't notice it very often. looking at Silver/Black '04 6M - dealer is asking 25K+ttl in south Texas. I'm chewing on it right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I plan to take my wife to the dealer tomarow to take a test drive. $25999 + T&L is the best deal I can find. I have put out a few more requests for price quotes at some dealers out of the area(Calif-bay area).

GTO-TO-GO

·
Registered
87 Posts
don taylor said:
boy this thread is appropriate - I too am struggling with the '04 vs '05 question. Is 50hp, and an extra 0.5 sec 0-60 and 1/4 mile worth $8K??

I'd like the extra HP etc. but probably won't notice it very often. looking at Silver/Black '04 6M - dealer is asking 25K+ttl in south Texas. I'm chewing on it right now.

i want to see if the 05 has more foot room or a deal pedal in the six speed.. if you havent driven one of these the six speed to me is uncomfortable with no left foot room.. im use to my dead pedal in the Z06. so with that said im leaning towards the automatic.. i like the automatic anyways, but the six speed is fun.. I really love the new hood for 05 too, plus the rear end.. its why im trying to hold off a few weeks for the new cars.

Tony in Dallas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Z16Z06 said:
i want to see if the 05 has more foot room or a deal pedal in the six speed.. if you havent driven one of these the six speed to me is uncomfortable with no left foot room.. im use to my dead pedal in the Z06. so with that said im leaning towards the automatic.. i like the automatic anyways, but the six speed is fun.. I really love the new hood for 05 too, plus the rear end.. its why im trying to hold off a few weeks for the new cars.

Tony in Dallas
I, too, like the touches they've given to the '05, but it just wasn't worth the substantial price penalty that I knew I'd have to pay. With the money saved you can have a good time treating an '04 to Arrowhead dress-ups http://www.arrowheadperformance.com/exterior_items.htm along with some lean-on engine goodies if you like. I've seen posts on creating your own dead pedal & I'm sure you can order the one installed in the '05 soon. I suspect the insurance rates will climb with the extra 50hp as well. I was lucky to snag the last blue M6 with blue leather in my area - there were two showing at the time & the other was 500mi away (she's a rare goat :) )

·
Registered
64 Posts
For anyone considering an 04, you can get the 05 hood put on for around 1,000 or so. The hood itself is around 800.00 and then it has to be painted and installed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stiil going back ad fourth

i really like the steal blue goat and the deals are right on the other hand i really like the new hood tail and the ls2 but you guys are right 6-8k more for that i'm going to try to find the steal blue one one more time and if it's not on my area ( nj) i'll go to texas than seams like they have more cars in texas

·
Registered
386 Posts
GNX231 said:
i really like the steal blue goat and the deals are right on the other hand i really like the new hood tail and the ls2 but you guys are right 6-8k more for that i'm going to try to find the steal blue one one more time and if it's not on my area ( nj) i'll go to texas than seams like they have more cars in texas
Don't do it. I assume you're talking about the Barbados Blue. They discontinued that color for a reason.

·
Registered
267 Posts
gnx 231....you wont find one in the nj area, i had to go to maryland to get a deal.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just bought mine for 6000 below invoice before the gm card earnings that gm gave me an extra 1100 for if i bought by the end of the year.

There are plenty of black manuals around. go to GM buypower and punch in other zipcodes, then find a dealer with no inventory and hit the button to search. you will find a black within 250 miles of you.

Look at the deal "snafu" is getting on a black 04. Still want an 05?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Z16Z06 said:

Tony in Dallas
Hi Z16Z06:

I've driven 3 6speeds and had no problem - I am 6'3" about 275 and tall from the waist up. Size 13B's. My foot fits between the clutch pedal and side of the footwell OK. I am used to cars having a dead pedal and did notice its absence. I might try to fabricate something if I go ahead with an '04. BTW - There was another thread with a "2x4" homebrew dead pedal under the carpet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts