Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I fell in love with the Elise about 3 months ago and have decided that it's my next vehicle - circa 18 months...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dunno about those things, I heard they are a kick in the ass to drive but it seriously looks like it takes its looks from a bulldog/insect. Id love to try one out tho.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've driven one. Closest thing to a four-wheeled motorcyle that you can drive legally on an American street.

Almost zero creature comforts, but wow what a blast to drive.

Doesn't make any sense as a commuter, but manoman how I lust for one.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Interesting idea but doesn't even inspire mild lust. I read an article by a guy who drove one from Texas to Louisiana to I believe Georgia. He was with a friend.

My primary memory of that article was repeated complaints about range and creature comfort.

Apparently, they were filling the thing every couple of hours and it was seriously uncomfortable for extended driving.

It's a 3'rd car for weekends close to home. 15 minute rides.

As for the styling, IMHO it's got Japanese styling to go with the Toyota engine.

But that weight, that weight! Lotus stuck to a plan. Gotta admire the purity of the design.

They certainly demonstrated there's more than one way to make a performance car.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The concept's very neat -- but I wouldn't want to own one. Make a great club race car, though.

Saw one in yellow a few weeks ago -- same yellow that surrounds the Lotus logo on the center cap of the wheels. Very nice, rich color. Love the GTO yellow jacket, but this particular shade was really cool. More red in it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hello

It's a fecken race car, who the hell buy's that thing for the AC, sterio or road trips across the country. You buy that thing to tear up 200K + super cars on road courses and because it looks cooler than a Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I stopped at a light in Palm Harbor next to one of these (yellow) Friday sitting in the left turn lane. The kid driving it looked like he was all of 16 with an older lady (mom?) as a passenger. Took me a few to figure out what it was. Nice exhaust note, was a little disappointed he wasnt going straight. ;-) It looked really cool.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
Hello

It's a fecken race car, who the hell buy's that thing for the AC, sterio or road trips across the country. You buy that thing to tear up 200K + super cars on road courses and because it looks cooler than a Mini Cooper.
No. No, I don't. And apparently neither do you. We both bought Goats. A practical, comfortable, performance car with a few nice bells and whistles without the outrageous price tag of an "exotic" brand and the promise of readily available service.

Like I said, the Lotus inspires no lust whatsoever. Just not my cup of tea. And how many owners do think will ever actually race their $50K suburban status symbol?

Elise will be a lonely girl from a small family just like all of the Lotus women before her. She's sexy but high cost and high maintenance. Only the masochists need aply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts