Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to separate the body and frame on a 72 lemans convertible (yes I've prepared braces for it). I see there are seven body bushings per side. I only see where six have removable bolts. Do the ones above the rear frame rail area not have bolts that are to be removed? I can see the rubber, but don't see a bolt from above or below that bushing. I was thinking it has a bolt impregnated into the rubber and it screws into the nut in the body.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
On a convert or wagon, there are 6 bushing/bolts on each side with the dummy cushion inboard above the rear wheel house. All bolt heads will be 5/8" & there are 3 different factory body bolt lengths, the shortest are position 3, right aft of the front seatbelt retractors.

On 2 door hardtops & 2 door Coupes, originally, there are only 5 bolt through body bushings on each side. Up front, inboard, there is a dummy cushion under the cowl, that is the difference. Have upgraded that position to bolt through body bushing on several A-body's.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
tjs: "Do the ones above the rear frame rail area not have bolts that are to be removed? I can see the rubber, but don't see a bolt from above or below that bushing."

PJ: No bolts. These rubber bushings are solid and are just laid into the hole in the frame and the body set on top of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts