Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

attached you will find a compilation of the numbers of my car:

in my opinion, the numbers are conclusive so far but the invoice date and the time built code of the rear axle do not really match the other numbers.

Any ideas about the Numbers?

Which numbers are important for the transmission?

by the way: the car was built for dealer 341 in region 24. Does anyone know the dealer no. 341?

Thanks
Holger

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Your dates are good for an early December build. Especially a Fremont (San Francisco Bay Area) car where the components had to be shipped by rail across the country from Detroit.

Unfortunately there is no record of dealer 341 which is not unusual. Zone 24 was Southern California. Do you have the PHS documents? They usually have the dealership the vehicle was shipped to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately there is no record of dealer 341 which is not unusual. Zone 24 was Southern California. Do you have the PHS documents? They usually have the dealership the vehicle was shipped to.
Yes, I have the PHS documents but there is no reference to the dealer….

·
Registered
Seeking information on a 1969 Judge my folks owned
115 Posts
Here's an idea. Many dealers sold vehicles from more than one GM division. It's possible as certain divisions such as Olds and Pontiac were killed off, perhaps the dealers had to be recertified or refranchised as a new dealer. This could possibly have invalidated the original dealer code, which might explain no record of dealer 341 in that zone. It's also possible the same thing could have happened if one franchise bought out another (as in one dealership franchise group buying a smaller dealership). Here's a link to a page that could possibly help. I'll poke around in the meantime and see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Egenolf

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay, it's late at night and maybe why dates aren't making any sense. This is supposed to be a 1966 GTO, and 1966 model year ran approximately mid September 1965 to September 1966, and most casting dates should be 3 weeks or earlier from invoice date. Most of the build dates listed are showing October to December 1966.

Invoice date and rear axle date are good, other dates are way into 1967 model year.

·
Registered
Seeking information on a 1969 Judge my folks owned
115 Posts
Maybe it's a 66-1/2? Never heard of such a thing with Pontiac, but is it possible?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My last post (pictures) is invisible until a moderators approval.

Does anyone know the reason?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Probably triggered by your low post count. That annoyance will go away when the count increases.

While we are waiting for photos to be approved, the PHS contains the EUN (engine identification number) and it should match the same numbers stamped on the front of the block on the passenger side above the two letter block code.

·
Registered
434 Posts
1967 PHS billing history cards was start of Engine Unit Numbers being displayed. So your 1966 PHS will not show the Engine Until Number. Protect-o-plate would have this info or original build sheet from the plant left in the car if available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1967 PHS billing history cards was start of Engine Unit Numbers being displayed. So your 1966 PHS will not show the Engine Until Number. Protect-o-plate would have this info or original build sheet from the plant left in the car if available.
yes, you are right, I did not found the EUN in the billing history. Here is a picture:

·
Registered
434 Posts
The transmission code of P7T15 indicates:
P= Muncie 4 speed for passenger cars
7= Model year 1967
T= December
15= 15th day of the month.

The transmission casting number 3885010 indicates 1966-1967.

The VIN number of the car or the last part of the VIN is supposed to be stamped on the transmission on the top.

Reactions: Egenolf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The transmission code of P7T15 indicates:
P= Muncie 4 speed for passenger cars
7= Model year 1967
T= December
15= 15th day of the month.

The transmission casting number 3885010 indicates 1966-1967.

The VIN number of the car or the last part of the VIN is supposed to be stamped on the transmission on the top.
great info, thanks a lot!

next week, I will look for the number on top of the transmission.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts