Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a o2 simulator needed with aftermarket exhaust systems/testpipes to prevent a check engine light when the catalytic converter is removed? I sell o2 simulators to the import crowd and am wonder if I should begin marketing towards the GTO crowd as well. The reason I ask is because I've been helping my Dad modify his GTO so I'm starting to get into them (also enjoy driving it too, put on almost 500 miles yesterday!).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recently used a one on a Sentra SER-V and another on a Lightning. They're a pretty clever device since I noticed that it sends a signal that varies from .18 volts to .25 volts. I made one mistake when I wired the first one by leaving the O-2 sensor out of the car. I quickly got a SES light when the OBD computer said "hey, the O-2 sensor is missing". Wired it back in and tie wrapped ythe O-2 sensor to the frame. I di it for off road use only of course. But I also posted a thread on the Lightning forum about how well it worked. For The price? What a bargain!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.