Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone show me an image of a gm stock valve cover for a 66 gto 389 tripower and or point me in the direction of where I can aquire some ?
Is the image here what id have been looking at had i walked into a Pontiac dealer in 66 looking at a gto 389 tripower??

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep and those look exactly like the scratched up ones I have that came off of the y block 389 that I've got.
Also I just learned that gm did not have "Pontiac " spelled out on any of thier valve covers as in the photo in my first post here .
Funny part is they want nearly double the money for the incorrect ones .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yep and those look exactly like the scratched up ones I have that came off of the y block 389 that I've got.
Also I just learned that gm did not have "Pontiac " spelled out on any of thier valve covers as in the photo in my first post here .
Funny part is they want nearly double the money for the incorrect ones .
Yes, those look correct, they didn’t have Pontiac printed on them, oem has vent
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

on drivers side with bump to the rear, passenger side bump to the front, 4 bbl & tri power all the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, those look correct, they didn’t have Pontiac printed on them, oem has vent View attachment 149284
on drivers side with bump to the rear, passenger side bump to the front, 4 bbl & tri power all the same.
Nice ! (y)
I just ordered the covers and bolts and cap etc for under a duece . Nice deal and Nice people over there too . Thanks for the quick responses. Got this done real quick !
Tryin to keep this old sled correct lol
Hey the y block isn't a gto block but its still a 66 389 block goin in a 66 goat with the heads and cam correct for the bling tripower set up that's goin on it .
Darn closenuf.
BTW is everything in that photo of that engine compartment you sent me correct or ?
If so itd be a good reference when I put the engine compartment together.
I've got a factory ac car

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice ! (y)
I just ordered the covers and bolts and cap etc for under a duece . Nice deal and Nice people over there too . Thanks for the quick responses. Got this done real quick !
Tryin to keep this old sled correct lol
Hey the y block isn't a gto block but its still a 66 389 block goin in a 66 goat with the heads and cam correct for the bling tripower set up that's goin on it .
Darn closenuf.
BTW is everything in that photo of that engine compartment you sent me correct or ?
If so itd be a good reference when I put the engine compartment together.
I've got a factory ac car
Yes all stock for pic, factory ac as well but removed compressor ect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts