Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1967 400ci/TH400
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning GOAT Gurus?

I'm looking for a spare tire rim, can be ugly / used for a spare tire that needs 15x7 rim (i have drum brakes). Ames has discontinued to OEM, and there other 'cheapest' Rally wheel has been backordered since last July. Where could i find one of these? And, what other GM car should i be looking at when touring junkyards?

Thanks, Carl

·
Registered
1967 400ci/TH400
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, shipping would be a bear. Fastenal use to have decent point-to-point service but inconsistent with COVID. Thx anyways!

·
Registered
403 Posts
where in CA are you? I think i have a few rally II on the side of the house. but they are fugly!

·
Registered
1967 400ci/TH400
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where in CA are you? I think i have a few rally II on the side of the house. but they are fugly!
I'm in Bay Area; as long as it fits on '67 GTO drum axle, 15x7", 5 holes.....i don't care how fugly they are!

·
Registered
108 Posts
May sound funny, but try Greyhound bus. Not many people know they do shipping and I have found they are still the cheapest shippers around. Only drawback is not too many Greyhound bus stations around. That is where you have to drop off and P/U. I use them all the time.

·
Registered
1967 400ci/TH400
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
May sound funny, but try Greyhound bus. Not many people know they do shipping and I have found they are still the cheapest shippers around. Only drawback is not too many Greyhound bus stations around. That is where you have to drop off and P/U. I use them all the time.
Good suggestion, thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went through the same exercise with my 65 when i bought a set of 15x7 torqthrusts from tire rack. They had no steel wheels to use for a spare but directed me to Summit racing where they had a choice of chevy rallye wheels and some steel ones of a S10 same bolt pattern. Even the rallyewheels were cheap like $50

·
Registered
1967 400ci/TH400
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went through the same exercise with my 65 when i bought a set of 15x7 torqthrusts from tire rack. They had no steel wheels to use for a spare but directed me to Summit racing where they had a choice of chevy rallye wheels and some steel ones of a S10 same bolt pattern. Even the rallyewheels were cheap like $50
Thanks, will check out Summit as well.....and the junkyard for potential spares!

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
In the junkyard, check the 73-77 G bodies (Monte/GP) for 15" steel wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts