Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed everyone mentioning that they have this color or that color, but no one says they have a barbados blue goat....my dealer only had two sent to them, and i got the 6 sp. you just don't see this color blue on the road too much. Was the goat produced less in this color or what? I actually wanted the cosmos purple metallic, but the wife wanted the blue......i guess i'm whipped! hehe :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
lambertgoat said:
I've noticed everyone mentioning that they have this color or that color, but no one says they have a barbados blue goat....my dealer only had two sent to them, and i got the 6 sp. you just don't see this color blue on the road too much. Was the goat produced less in this color or what? I actually wanted the cosmos purple metallic, but the wife wanted the blue......i guess i'm whipped! hehe :)
Nah there are not to many of those around all i have to say is thank Gos your wife made the rite choice the purple....wow there is a reason y they discontinued it....they cant sell it.....that color just cant make it on the GTO!!! Just my opinion

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The guy who sold me my GTO says that the stealership would not accept any Barbados Blue GTOs as he says that they are really hard to sell...it looks, well, kinda girly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My wife likes the Barbados Blue. Her last car was a color simular to it. But it's only a girls car when it has an automatic. (I'm just wondering how many guys with a Barbados Blue, automatics are going to chalange me now?) However given the color selection, it would most likely be my third choice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is automatic. Everybody seems to like it. I get a lot of comments mostly from guys. A lot of people look at it out on the road. Seems like a lot of people don't know what it is until you tell them about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've always been a red kinda guy myself. I have a 93 Taurus SHO, red as well. It must have been fate when the Torrid Red GTO showed up at the dealership, and it was the only one the got in. I really can't say whether or not I like the Blue because I haven't seen one in person. Until then, I will pass no judgement.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey...wait a minute....why does an automatic HAVE to be for a girl?? I have a 6m, black/black, and I wouldn't have it any other way! LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been to 4 pontiac dealerships and have yet to see a barbados blue gto. I have seen every other color but that one. I decided on getting the torrid red myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went with the automatic to avoid the ever increasing traffic jams in Indy. The dealer where I bought the car, had 3 choices in the A4. Silver, Yellow, and Barbados Blue.

Yes while the Barbadol Blue was a nice color, I did think it was too girly for me. Matter of fact, it was sold to a woman looking at the same time as me.

The yellow was just a little too yellow for me. With apologies to Groucho and others on here, I just don't like yellow on cars. Heck, I don't like yellow on much of anything.

So that left silver. Not my first choice by any means. But, it looks good with the rims, easy to keep clean, and doesn't stand out like red, yellow, etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cheap mods

Cheap and easy mods can be found at WWW.LS1.COM
There is a throttle body coolant bypass = $3 to $5
CAGS elimination = $5 to $20 depending on your preferred method
K&N air filter = $35 to $50 check ebay or Murrays Auto Parts

These are the only ones I know of.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
catchmeifucan said:
I

The yellow was just a little too yellow for me. With apologies to Groucho and others on here, I just don't like yellow on cars. Heck, I don't like yellow on much of anything.
Well, I for one am floored by the unmitigated gall, nay, the balls of some in this forum!!!! Not liking The finest color ever applied to self-propelled vehicle, the mighty, gorgeous, and ever popular Yellow Jacket? What the hell is wrong with you? Are you some kind of a Commernist Prevert?

:D :D :D

Ahem.

I never thought I'd like yellow either....until I saw it. Then I knew that I must have it. It does attract attention (a point both good and bad), and is definitely harder to keep clean than my silver Bimmer was, but I like it.

And that's all that should matter. You, the owner, is the only one responsible for that car payment. You are the only one who needs to like the color.

Even if it is Barabados Blue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Color issue

Well alllllllrighty then... Time for me to weigh in on this color "issue" I guess. I went, I drove,and I chose the (GASP!) Barbados Blue GTO. Looked at the other colors and made my choice. Love everything about the car - the speed, the torque, the handling. No regrets whatsoever. The car pretty much speaks for itself. (and the color's not bad either. :) ) It's kind of a shame that there aren't more 04 GTO's out there. I've only seen 2 others on the road around here and I've had the car since August.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Color part 2

Guess maybe it just comes down to personal taste, perhaps?? Geeeesh. What a dumb thing to be quibbling over anyway. Can't we just all "feel the love" (he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek) and enjoy our GTO's for what they are? After all I think a yellow or a red or even a Barbados Blue of the same make and model is going to pretty much drive the same anyway maybe?? Enough said??

·
Registered
7 Posts
lambertgoat said:
I have a purple gto, I love it. the barbados blue was my second choice, I am very happy with my decision, I especially like the purple leather and suede interior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I am also a GTO drivin' girl. Men seem very surprised when I walk up to my car, I've actually had people ask me if it is mine.
Lorrie Ann said:
I'm a girl with a Barbados Blue goat. I love the color.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Cosmos Purple. Granted I have a Phantom Black with Red interior, but the purple is kinda cool (thoughI wouldn't have it...my favorite color scheme in the world is black and red - I'm a psycho)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts