Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It does look a little weird once he lands and it gets blurry, I'm guessing its part of a commercial or something. But I'm not one to call real or fake. If that was real, MAJOR skill to the pilot.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Not fake, He saved it with a "Prop Hang" very popular in the RC community and I've seen it a few times at air shows with stunt planes.
If true, unbelievable. If fake, this guy should be the consultant for the next action movie involving planes. Either way, :cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Some say that rc planes and aircraft have been able to stay suspended in the air by the prop only but how many have been able to lose a wing in flight and be able to land? I don't know if the video is fake or not but gaining control in mid flight with a missing wing and it didn't seem to immediately affect the plane's manueverability seems odd to me.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Some say that rc planes and aircraft have been able to stay suspended in the air by the prop only but how many have been able to lose a wing in flight and be able to land? I don't know if the video is fake or not but gaining control in mid flight with a missing wing and it didn't seem to immediately affect the plane's manueverability seems odd to me.
YouTube - RC airplane Hover

video of that rc plane doing its thing. i forget what it's called but you have to have a special wing in order to make it work out.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am a pilot and there is no way you can land or even fly with one wing. Besides the fuel tanks are in the wing and there is no fuel leaking. That is a remote control airplane and it looks like computer animation after landing when they show the guy open the canopy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I wasn't into 3d animation I guess I could believe it. Believe me guys this is fake and I can tell you this because I've made similar videos in the past.

That's a combination of 3dsmax and adobe after effects we are learning similar works to this video in class. Honestly they didn't even pull it off that well, the fast blur and sharp movement of the camera gave it away. They should have used an easy ease in after affects. Sorry not to be a kill joy, I just know how these things work. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts