Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 06 GTO on sat 10-06-07.....less than 100 miles on it.....should i get the oil changed because it sat on the dealers lot for 2 years or is mobil 1 good enough to let it go for awhile?:confused

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I picked up my new 06 GTO on sat 10-06-07.....less than 100 miles on it.....should i get the oil changed because it sat on the dealers lot for 2 years or is mobil 1 good enough to let it go for awhile?:confused
I would change it just for sanity...Who knows if the dealer changed the oil and 2 years a bit much. Be sure the oil change place knows how to re-set the computer so you are notified when the next change is due.

Have Fun:party:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Help!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You should save that oil in a bottle. It might be worth something years from now, especially if you say it was from the last SAP GTO sold new from a dealership. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

Back me up un this, Judge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i would change it. also.... should i change the oil before oOR after it sits for the winter, 6 months or so. i have only put 1k miles since i took possesion. any advice would help

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Pearl Jam is right.:agree

If you have the original used oil that was installed new at factory from the LAST SAP intalled on a GTO, You have got a gold mine there. I know if I had the last one with used oil I would ask a minimum 25K for the oil, and another 10K for the dirty filter. Add that to the 90K I want for my SAP....Barrett Jackson would be proud. :willy: :willy: :willy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Ooooh! Ooooooh! I didn't even consider the SAP oil filter!!:willy: :eek:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Come on guys..... Sheesh. The SAP filter is the same. I bought a SAP filter for my Goat and I could not tell the difference. The car picked up a coupla tenths in the 1/4 though. Hmmm... yep the SAP filter is worth a bunch I guess.

Maybe we are all Saps........

·
Registered
585 Posts
Pearl Jam is right.:agree

If you have the original used oil that was installed new at factory from the LAST SAP intalled on a GTO, You have got a gold mine there. I know if I had the last one with used oil I would ask a minimum 25K for the oil, and another 10K for the dirty filter. Add that to the 90K I want for my SAP....Barrett Jackson would be proud. :willy: :willy: :willy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D
Right on, change the oil, it is a cheap base line.
Hey, Judge, anyone else bit on your GTO? Ha, Ha, I still get a kick out of that. Reality, though, many years down the road, you may be closer to reality.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Called and got the FREE oil change.....yea....I'll save the stock filter.;)

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Right on, change the oil, it is a cheap base line.
Hey, Judge, anyone else bit on your GTO? Ha, Ha, I still get a kick out of that. Reality, though, many years down the road, you may be closer to reality.

HAHAHA Noooooo, No takers. LOLOLOL. Ya gotta love the outlandish prices people are asking for those parts. Moreover, ya gotta scratch your skull at the people paying the prices for them. 1700 for the SAP rockers I heard? Maybe I am on to something?? :willy: :willy:

Who knows what the future holds for the value of these. Who knew what the value of the 60-70's GTOs' would hold..... Big reason I am keeping mine strictly OEM, and a fair weather driver. For all the showing I enter mine in, and all the cruises I attend, I am always the only one with the full kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts