Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my gto in march of this year. It was brand new and i changed the oil at 1000 miles. Now i have 3100 miles and i was wondering if i should change it or let it ride out. Also it is going into storage next month. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the dealer thaught i was out of my mind when i told him that i changed my oil at 1000 mi. it does not come with a spcial brake in oil.its just sinthetic oil
all thoughs parts mating together,it almost comon sence.:cool

·
Registered
364 Posts
the dealer thaught i was out of my mind when i told him that i changed my oil at 1000 mi. it does not come with a spcial brake in oil.its just sinthetic oil
all thoughs parts mating together,it almost comon sence.:cool
Just reading what you wrote, I think you are out of your mind.

thought, special BREAK in, synthetic oil, all those parts, it is almost common sense:rolleyes:

Well it won't hurt anything but your pocket to change the oil more often then necessary. At about $75 a pop it is the least expensive preventative maintenance you can do and the most expensive oil change.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Just reading what you wrote, I think you are out of your mind.

thought, special BREAK in, synthetic oil, all those parts, it is almost common sense:rolleyes:

Well it won't hurt anything but your pocket to change the oil more often then necessary. At about $75 a pop it is the least expensive preventative maintenance you can do and the most expensive oil change.
:agree

Probaby nothing wrong with making the first change early, but after that, I would follow the the computer prompts- - -I guess the frequent oil change philosophy is like anti-ricer mentality. Ricers throw all their money into wheels, stickers, coffee can exhausts, and some don't worry about changing the oil.

I like your spell check; a couple of the posts here appear illiterate

·
Registered
364 Posts
:agree

Probaby nothing wrong with making the first change early, but after that, I would follow the the computer prompts- - -I guess the frequent oil change philosophy is like anti-ricer mentality. Ricers throw all their money into wheels, stickers, coffee can exhausts, and some don't worry about changing the oil.

I like your spell check; a couple of the posts here appear illiterate
I usually ignore typos, but that many mistakes in just 3 sentences was unbearable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.