Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I found the same question had been posted over at ls1gto.com and it seems like most every is going with either a mobil 1, K&N or a napa gold.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
K&N and Mobil 1 are rated high. I just used Mobil 1 for the first time on my last oil change. One of my local parts places had a good sale on Mobil 1's @ 9.99 as compared to the K&N at 12 something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mobil1 here!

·
Registered
105 Posts
K&N, but nothing wrong with AC Delco. I just want a little extra protection, as I'm running Mobil 1 5w30 instead of regular oil.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,843 Posts
Mobil 1, It is recomended by factory!!! Look on oil cap.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Mobil 1 flows a slight bit better but filters more and the K&N filters a bit beter but flows more...or is it visa versa???...both very fine filters...
Bill

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mobil 1, It is recomended by factory!!! Look on oil cap.
That is for the Oil. Your goat came from the factory with an AC Delco Oil Filter and Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Oil.

I have been using AC Delco filters, ran a Mobil 1 once. Didn't notice any difference in the oil, don't see a point in paying 3X as much.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,843 Posts
Sorry

That is for the Oil. Your goat came from the factory with an AC Delco Oil Filter and Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Oil.

I have been using AC Delco filters, ran a Mobil 1 once. Didn't notice any difference in the oil, don't see a point in paying 3X as much.
Jumped off the page a little bit. Yes I use ac delco filters with the mobil 1. My dealership changes the oil and filter free for the warranty period of my vehicle. They told me even though I am running synthetic they would still change my oil every 3000 miles. Well, My cars is almost a year old come end of January and I have approximately 850 miles on her with one oil change this year.:cool

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Huh, never knew that.

OK, being a former employee, what's you opinion on WIX filters?
I honestly don't know, never used them. Dana once was at the top of their game and was a world leader in auto parts. Dana filed for bankruptcy which during the course of downsizing they closed many plants and terminated many employees. They were nearly taken over in a hostile take over attempt by Arvin Merritor a few years back. To thwart that attempt Dana entered into a partnership with the UAW which allowed the UAW to organize every plant within Dana. They are now in the process of emerging from bankruptcy.

Wix was highly rated at one time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A few years ago, I read the results of an independent test and AC Delco came out very highly rated. I used to buy Fram....never again. It was rated very poorly in most areas and was rated one of the poorest overall. I only use AC Delco now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Jumped off the page a little bit. Yes I use ac delco filters with the mobil 1. My dealership changes the oil and filter free for the warranty period of my vehicle. They told me even though I am running synthetic they would still change my oil every 3000 miles. Well, My cars is almost a year old come end of January and I have approximately 850 miles on her with one oil change this year.:cool
Sigh, what a waste of quality synthetic oil. You aren't even getting good use out of it. This has been discussed elsewhere, if interested, use the search engine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts