Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the debats on engine oil brands, and when to change the oil, no one really talks much about the oil filter. i feel it is just as important as the oil that you run. i used the ac delco filter on my s-10 with mobil 1. i just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys on what you run,(k&n, moble 1, ac delco) or what ever else. thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oil filters are all the same, just get the cheapest one. :eek: (joking)
The Mobil 1 and K&N have almost identical specs, however the K&N is supposed to have a higher flow rate.
Hastings makes good oil filters also. They can be hard to find, though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i will most likely go with the mobile 1 or the k&n, i have heard some good things about both thanks for the input :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that the factory filter or better

·
Registered
89 Posts
k1200lt said:
Oil filters are all the same, just get the cheapest one. :eek: (joking)
The Mobil 1 and K&N have almost identical specs, however the K&N is supposed to have a higher flow rate.
Hastings makes good oil filters also. They can be hard to find, though.[/QUOTE

I bought a hastings....but it is to long....the skid plate prevents proper installation. I was not happy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
stangeater said:
with all the debats on engine oil brands, and when to change the oil, no one really talks much about the oil filter. i feel it is just as important as the oil that you run. i used the ac delco filter on my s-10 with mobil 1. i just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys on what you run,(k&n, moble 1, ac delco) or what ever else. thanks
For a daily driver, AMSOIL has a new line of filters out with nanofiber technology that provide high levels of filtration without sacrificing flow. They are rated for a full year or 15k miles of use. I've got several for my wife's Chevy Trailblazer and my F350, but I'll be using a high flow racing filter on my vette.

AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter

GTO part number is EAO32. :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts