Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changed my oil for the first time today and then tried to follow the directions in the user's manual to erase the silly dripping oil can graphic, but it keeps showing back up. I did the following probably 5 or 6 times with no avail: turning the key to "on" position, slowly pushing the throttle to the floor twice within (seemingly) 5 seconds, and then turning the key to the "lock" position.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
143 Posts
LS2FAST said:
Manual is wrong... you need to hit the pedal "3" times.
That's what these forums are all about. I just changed my oil, tried the reset in the manual, then came here for the REAL answer. Three times did the trick! Thanks for your help. :cheers

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ya know I'm SO thankful for you guys! I was "this" close to taking it to the dealer for the "secret handshake". Twice my behind... I think the manual is being misleading, how could that be a typo ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Ya know I'm SO thankful for you guys! I was "this" close to taking it to the dealer for the "secret handshake". Twice my behind... I think the manual is being misleading, how could that be a typo ;)
That is pretty bad. Its not like the GTO is the first GM car which can be reset this way. Its been three times on the Vette for years now...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ha Ha, if you think the manuel is bad about telling you how to reset that you should try to find the FUSE Panel:mad: . It took me over an hour, while I do like were it is placed and how it is hidden, I would like to put Boot to ASS with they buy that wrote up that section of the manuel:shutme . Those of you who have not had to find it, the entire panal under the steering wheel comes down. There are pressuer clips at the top that pull out and it is hinged at the bottom so it flips down.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you unhook the battery for things such as installing a cai and leave it unhooked for about an hour, does it reset it? Mine has not come on yet and it's been 4k miles.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I do believe that if you disconnect the battery cable for 15 minutes the PCM is completely reset, and will then "re-learn" the engine and any modifications.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts