Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a question about the oil life monitor feature. I have a Buick which also has this feature and when I reset the Buick's after an oil change the indicator light flashes to let me know it has reset. As mamy times as I try to reset the GTO I never get any type of reaction from the GTO letting me know that the system has reset itself. Does anyone on this forum know if it works the same as other GM vehicles? There doesn't seem to be anything in the owners manual about this other than how to reset the computer.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I don't you can reset it if it hasn't told you that it needs to be changed. In that case, turn your key to the "on" position and pump the gas three times.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
After my most recent change, the dealer forgot to reset the monitor. I got the reminder just after the change. I did notice after resetting it, I did not get a chime or anyother indication stating it was reset. I assume it worked because I did not get any more reminders. So, I assume there is no indications for resetting.

·
Registered
585 Posts
GTO judge said:
After my most recent change, the dealer forgot to reset the monitor. I got the reminder just after the change. I did notice after resetting it, I did not get a chime or anyother indication stating it was reset. I assume it worked because I did not get any more reminders. So, I assume there is no indications for resetting.
:agree I have reset my oil three times and no indicator light of ding of any kind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess Pontiac dropped the ball on that one. At least my Buick let me know whether the monitor had reset. The only way you can be sure it has reset is by waiting for the reminder to come up and reset it. If it goes away it reset itself. Personally I have never ran any oil that long, but it's anoying to be on the road and have the monitor light up after only 2500 easy miles on the last oil change. Then reset it and have to remember to change out the oil again 500 miles later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts