Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the oil service screen comes on a few times will it shut down the car. It did on mine. When I reset the service indicator the car started.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bcm

Well, it looks like the BCM, although its new. Called the dealer who has the full history on the car and had replaced the BCM and they said its a security issue, security light is blinking when its not starting. Its under an extended warranty and its covered (they said) so I hope it can be fixed and my starting problems ended.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BCM problems

If this non-start problem has only happened twice in a year (car eventually started) should I have the dealer probe and fool around with my car (said they would do it for free). I dont want them to screw it up worse and it seems like a very technical issue and if the mechanic is not a programming master with a history back to 2004 that could be a problem. Any thoughts.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
Print up a copy of the sticky on BCM wire chaffing and bring it to them with the car. Anyone with a screwdriver should be able to check it out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Errors

Took it to the dealer and they said they found no codes in the BCM but some in the Gauges. They are stumped and said since it varies from a typical GM car they will have to make some calls to GM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts