Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is it better to use synthetic oil or reg. oil please help me out not sure running reg. oil right now but oil change coming soon?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have 2500 miles on her so i should switch it but what does sytn. oil do for the car

·
Registered
57 Posts
Synthetic

silgoat05 said:
is it better to use synthetic oil or reg. oil please help me out not sure running reg. oil right now but oil change coming soon?

Use synthetic. Every time. Your car came with Mobil 1 5W-30. You can usually find a 5 qt jug at Wal-Mart for about $20 +/-. Just pick up the extra 2 qts (you need a total of 6.5 qts) and an AC Delco filter and you're good to go.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
patisi said:
Well said Jeff. I am not sure why the question was raised in the first place.
I just made my first Amsoil purchase...running Mobile1 right now because it was the free change from the dealer, and I wanted to get a nice clear view of everything up on a rack. The dealership was real nice, and the mechanic went over everything with me.

I look at it this way...I've never owned a car this sweet and powerful...if I have to throw a quarter in a jar every day I drive her to pay for the best lubes out there, I'll do it. I pay for 93 octane for the same reason. Don't have to, but I do.

This was a wonderful "Goat weekend" for me...I simply love this car :cheers

Gerry

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the help. i am new to this muscle car buisness :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.