Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a question my 06 gto has 80000mi did a oil change maybe about 6months ago used redline but today dash beep with service engine oil but hadnt been close to 3000mi so i checked oil and needed 2quarts could it be burning oil

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What weight oil? Unless you are tracking it all the time, use a 5w-30 synthetic. Also did you tap the gas pedal 3 times when you last changed the oil. The manual says tap twice which is wrong.

·
Registered
621 Posts
In addition to above comment, did you check for the proper oil level immediately after it was changed? Unless you changed it yourself, it's not prudent to assume the proper amount of oil was put in your engine. I can't count the number of times over the past 50 years that I've discovered oil shortages after a change. Some people hired to do oil changes "think" all engines require four quarts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest i have no manual for the car so i did not know that thank you for that information as far as it burning oil how would i tell i dont take to the track it has a couple mods and yes i use 5w30 redline on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts