Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sitting at a light on a street about 1 mile long with little side-street traffic. i chirp a little bit as i start out. it's 400 horses after all. Suddenly the car in the lane next to me takes off. normally, i'd ignore them, but this older model car has a serious 'growl' and is obviously bent on embarrassing my stock '06 GTo. the road is wide open, or so it seems. By the time i realize he is dissing me, he is a car and a half ahead. i'm in second by now, so i just stomp on the gas pedal. By the time i am getting up around 4,000 rpm's, i'm gaining on him. there is a car in front of him, and he seems like he thinks he will pull over in front of me, but i am gaining fast, and he chickens out. i keep pulling away. looking in my rearview, he never does even pass the other car, but sits behind it. Apparently just wanted to see what the GTo could do. i don't know what kind of car it was, but i was probably hitting 90 in 3rd. Anyway, i can't stand to have anyone messing with my car, and will run down anyone who gets in the way, which are usually punks in foreign cars or big trucks who think they are fast for some reason.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking.....

i don't much care what kind of car it was, but it was an older car and a sleeper. if he had exercised proper race etiquette, rather than just hitting the gas pedal while i was minding my own business, i would have given him more credit. As it was, i would rather see us both in hell, then let him embarrass my American kangaroo, unless he really had something under the hood, or under his zipper, which he didn't apparently. he stayed back at least 1/8 mile hiding behind the other car with no other traffic in sight. i think his cojones shrunk to raisins. i've been looking for him, but haven't seen him again....

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Proper race etiquette ??????

Your on the street, there is no proper race etiquette. Him slamming his car into yours to keep you from passing is fair in a street race. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seriously? You have NO idea what the other car was? "Older" as in what? 20 years old? 40? Come on, you should at least know THAT.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Him slamming his car into yours to keep you from passing is fair in a street race.
Man, that sounds like rice boy tricks. People get shot over that kind of thing (as they should be).

It certainly isn't as gentlemanly as it used to be... I've been given the middle finger just for having a quicker car...

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I was definately making an extreme example.

There are no rules to street racing. You are participating in an illegal activity. That would be like saying there is an etiquette to robbing a bank.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
"Anyway, i can't stand to have anyone messing with my car, and will run down anyone
who gets in the way, which are usually punks in foreign cars or big trucks who think they are fast for some reason....."

Some of those foreign cars and big trucks can embarrass a 400Hp GTO,
My 440 HP GTO has been a few times!

Larry

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lol, in order to claim a kill dont you have to at the minimum know what the hell you raced? On the same note, burning out off a stop then getting smoked isnt really a kill is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, fellers, it was a lincoln continental. i'm glad some of my fellow GTo owners were in my corner. i really didn't have time to analyze what he was driving, when he already got the jump on me. yes, i squeaked the tires a little bit. Who hasn't? i could hardly see him in my rear view behind the other car, which he timidly stayed behind, when he shut it down. i'm not sure why he wanted to race. he didn't have the horses obviously. Would you rather hear i'd been skunked by a lincoln continental? nonetheless, i will make sure to stop the other car and ask all the reasons why he wanted to race next time, as well as the make and model, any modifications, etc.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Its feasible. I used to be friends with an avid Ford guy in high school, who's older brother thought stuffing a cam & heads 460 into his '78 Thunderbird was a good idea.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've seen a few GTO's beat by a Lincoln at the track, They were stock of coarse, The Lincoln was spraying, I raced him twice beat him both times, For a Lincoln 8.60's ain't all that bad in the 1/8. The other GTO's needed the driver mod bad lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts