Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 04 GTO... So now that I am a newby to the GTO world, what is a must and a must not?

Thanks,

Dewain

·
Registered
74 Posts
drive it and begin the mods!

·
Registered
98 Posts
must...must not

MUST: Drive and enjoy; Show it off to family, friends and neighbors; Polish and wax; See what she can do :D ; Check out the forums and decide if you want to do mods, and how far to go, etc....
MUST NOT: Crash and Burn.

Happy Motoring!! :cool
Maximental

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering what are the have to have mods vs. the mods that are worthless.

Like:
Exhaust
Intakes
Blowers/FI
Brakes
Wheels
Suspension
ETC.....

I have a Honda S2000 also and have done plenty of tasteful modifications to it... I know wheels are a must, but would like some direction from some of you who have done some yourself.

Don't worry the drive it, show it off, and kill people who call it a cavilier is on my list of musts...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Drive it, until someone says nice Grand Prix, then kill them, and buy a C5 Corvette. :D (Just messin with ya mate, I'm thinking about switching to a GTO myself.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
After Doing a head and cam pkg on my car I must say i would do an sts kit....similar money and better results! :willy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - enjoy driving the car.
2 - learn to slide (it'll be a quick learn if you live in a snowy area).
3 - pick up extra money at the drag strip racing honda civics that think your car is a grand prix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's with all the Grand Prix bashing?

They are pretty decent and there a more than a few that are quick enough to beat a GTO if you are stock....

I like my Grand Prix, I like my GTO...can't we get a little Pontiac togetherness..

R

·
0 Posts
new goat?

incognito,stealth, when someone says who owns the gto,say nothing,
nice cavalier? yes with a bad attitude wanna run my cavalier with your
mothers gremlin cupcake!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PHiL2 said:
After Doing a head and cam pkg on my car I must say i would do an sts kit....similar money and better results! :willy:
STS kit? Acronym not recognized.... :confused

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't plan on staying stock... but why a turbo? and why that set up? it is rated at 404 HP and costs $4500.. when for $5000 you can get a 500hp supercharger set up?

On the other hand, I would like to stay NA and am still reading up on which Head/cam combination will get me 500HP for half that price... (and without the boost lag)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts